Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying new Beach - Advise on spec again & questions

You really should consider LED lights if you possibly can. I have standard lights on my ocean which are apparently better than the standard beach. The first time I drove the car I got out to check they where on as it seemed like just the parking lights were on. Much improved with 150% bulbs, but still worse than my 1979 Datsun pulsar. Nearly killed a sheep this very evening...

Worth googling, it’s the biggest design flaw in California’s imo, closely following by the either too hot or too cold climate control, but nothing you can spec to improve that.

Interesting, the appeal of LED headlights, implying danger without. I did the goole search & not much turned up. Agree with the remote control parking heater, essential. I love that you can preheat in the mornings to clear the windows & warm the cab. That's luxury!

Well it's done :bananadance2

Went for Candy White in the end (might wrap it at some point) and added the parking heater and tow-bar prep to the spec. Ditched the mud flaps.

Ordered through SMG Tonbridge who have been great so far. Advised start of Feb for arrival with them but I'm keeping an open mind about that date.

:upsidedown

As you can see, we changed our mind about the Candy White (although I do still think white with black looks great).....but here is our van....due to pick up on Saturday....beyond excited :pinkbanana

fullsizeoutput_363d.jpeg

As you can see, we changed our mind about the Candy White (although I do still think white with black looks great).....but here is our van....due to pick up on Saturday....beyond excited :pinkbanana

View attachment 41714
Oooh only five more sleeps!

Superb choice BTW. We've had a Beach for the past three years and it is the best vehicle "in the world". SMG are great. Knowledgeable and very helpful.

Lovely colour and like the black alloys. You won’t regret the heater and tow bar spec much Mentioned on forum as desirable options :cheers

With a name of @LemonDrop I was getting quite excited that the Yellow Beach Club would have a new member.

(But I do love blue too).

:) Yes I joined this (awesome) forum when we were initially going to go for yellow...then we thought white...but we eded up with Bamboo Green!