Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

feeling stupid: what does 'SE' stand for ?

Roger Boeken

Roger Boeken

calisutra
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I know the T5 version of the 'T6 ocean' is called 'california SE' but I can't find what the abbreviation SE means ..
If this has been answered before, I am sorry but didn't find the thread.

I always assumed that it was a phonetic spelling to be pronounced sea, not ess-ee. It's like the Ford Ka pronounced car and not kay-ai. The T6 being called Ocean rather confirms this. Could be wrong though.

May be started as meaning Special Edition when it was first produced and then they came up with the Beach name because of the phonetics and subsequently the surf and the ocean. ???

Very good question @Roger Boeken ....!

And i tought we had it all here on the forum , have to remember it and ask it at the coming factory visit.

They've been using Beach for at least 20 years. The T4 had a Beach option.

SE. Stupidly Expensive.

Someone told me it was Silly Engineering. They might possibly be talking about that electric roof though;)

They've been using Beach for at least 20 years. The T4 had a Beach option.

SE. Stupidly Expensive.
Someone told me it was Silly Engineering. They might possibly be talking about that electric roof though;)
No, VW just decided to build a proper " Campervan ".

SE = Special Equipment

i.e. The SE has a fridge, cooker, storage and a proper Leisure 12v power system in addition to the beds, pop-up roof and Diesel heater that are also available on the Beach.

I know the T5 version of the 'T6 ocean' is called 'california SE' but I can't find what the abbreviation SE means ..
If this has been answered before, I am sorry but didn't find the thread.

I actually know this one its: S(upercalifragalistic)E(xpialidocious).

SE? Around here they call it CL (stands for Comfort Line?).

I think in the early T5 's they came comfortline or SE there was a diffrence in the beginning....at least here on the mainland.

SE (which I was told was Special Edition) was adopted for T5 UK Cali /Beach models that came with a spec package of bundled options as standard for the UK market including little differences from standard European like front window in elevation roof.

SE (which I was told was Special Edition) was adopted for T5 UK Cali /Beach models that came with a spec package of bundled options as standard for the UK market including little differences from standard European like front window in elevation roof.

That can't be right - mine is an T5 Cali SE but has no front window in roof (much to grandson's disappointment!)

I thought it stood for "Stupidly Expensive" :shocked

Aren't they ALL stupidly expensive? - but gorgeous!

Back