Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiddly teething problems with Potter

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I finally picked-up my new Cali on Thursday!:)

We're calling him "Potter" - the kids love the books, and it kind of fits what we're going to be doing. Anyway, I was pottering around Potter today to get better acquainted and I've found a couple of problems. Mrs acer has modelled the problem in the pictures that I'm going to try and upload relating to:

1. The large table has a height adjuster on only one leg. From looking at it I assume that there should be at least two (although I think that four would be preferable).

2. There's a little rubber buffer / stopper that protects the metal mesh from hitting the rear bench as you push it back. When removing the metal mesh (sorry I'm not sure what the conventional name is) I noticed the buffer on the floor. I cannot seem to get it back into the hole. I'm sure that there must be a method, but I cannot fathom it.

Any ideas?

P1020407.JPG

P1020409.JPG

Unscrew the plastic bracket and pull through from behind.
The table does only have 1 adjuster as standard

Thanks Calikev.

I did unscrew the bracket and try to pull it through. The elongated nipple does seem to indicate it needs to be pulled (steady chaps!). However, as it stretched, rubber-band like, I feared that I would break it. Considerable force did not work.

Strange the table should come with just one adjuster. You can see in the picture that the housing on the leg nearest the camera would accept another adjuster.

Good pictures though eh? I'm pleased with my technical prowess if nothing else.

Yes I thought I had lost one and made one myself only to discover
They only come with one.

You do need to pull very, very hard to refit the bump stop.
The table only has 1 adjuster as it is to stop the table wobbling, so that all 4 legs will be firmly on the ground.
If you had 2 adjusters, you could level the table, agree?, but the designers presumed the vehicle would be on reasonably level ground, hence only 1.

Try putting a little bit of washing up liquid on the rubber buffers....they then can be pushed back in a lot easier. If that doesn't work unscrew the plastic brackets then try again.
Steve

Dip the buffer in boiling water to soften it a bit and a bit of washing up liquid should do it.

That's great!
Brackets off, buffer dipped and lubricated, and with the assistance of long-nose pliers, my buffer is now back in place. It's now also very, very clean!
It seemed to help if you use a little side to side rocking motion while you pull.
Good work team.:thumb

Strange the table should come with just one adjuster.
A table with three legs will by design not rock. The fourth leg therefore just needs adjustment to touch the ground wherever it ends up.

I've only got two legs but I often wobble .... hic :shocked

Back