Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting Inka seat Covers

L

logyk

VIP Member
Finally got hold of my new Cali today :bananadance :upsidedown :bananadance

However, I cannot work out which side each front Inka seat cover fits.

There is one side which has a gap with no Velcro running down the side of the seat back. Should this gap be facing the outside of the seat(i.e. the door side) or should the gap face the inside of the cab ?

Help gratefully received.

:thanks

Anyone else had difficulty folding headrests on bench seat with Inka seat cover on? Need to fold headrests to make downstairs bed. :?:

Have to say that the fit is very tight at that point on mine ....... appears to be straining the seams a bit.

I ordered ours a few weeks go and had them sent to the campsite. Found it fairly easy to fit and they do fit well. The two slight issues are

The straps that hold on the front covers have come off a number of times.

The bench seat cover feels like its stretching to its limit when the seat is folded down.

One of the pleasant surprises is how comfortable they are.

My seat covers arrived yesterday. Very impressed apart from the fact that the fabric on the rear seat cover gets very tight when you fold the headrests back. Mine has actually torn very slightly, 5mm maybe, but just up to a seem so, hopefully, it wont rip any further.

Andy

MMmm ...
Thinking about buying Inka covers for my 57 plate.
A little bit worried about the tight fit being described because around about 2008 the backrests on the 2 front seats were narrowed a little by VW (so one cover maker told me a couple of years ago).

Are there special Inka covers for pre-narrowed backrests for front seats or is it now one size fits all.
It would be useful to know from anybody who has *recently* fitted newish Inka covers to a 57 plate or earlier - because I'm worried they might be too tight.

TIA

Back