Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flat battery plus heater peculiarity

DavidofHook

DavidofHook

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Good morning, switched on the ignition only to find the battery flat and Mrs DoH all done up on her warm clothes ready to go to the shops looking at expectantly .
The battery is shown as 14v & 3.4 A. The auxiliary heater sign is flashing I can’t seem to switch it off.
Aldo the rear heater fan is running at 1.
It is now on charge & I’ll give it a try shortly
Any ideas please anyone?

Good morning, switched on the ignition only to find the battery flat and Mrs DoH all done up on her warm clothes ready to go to the shops looking at expectantly .
The battery is shown as 14v & 3.4 A. The auxiliary heater sign is flashing I can’t seem to switch it off.
Any ideas please anyone?
I presume the voltage you mention is from the Control Panel?
If that is the case then something is up, unless you are plugged into the EHU.
Try switching the Control Panel OFF using L lower Button. Wait 30 seconds and switch On using same button.

Any ideas please anyone?
The control panel shows the leisure batteries, not the engine battery

Hello Welshgas, I have the RAC man here who tells me the battery is shot. It is 11 years old so no surprises. He’s fitting a
new one as we speak!
Hopefully all will be ok once he’s finished & thanks for your input.

Postscript:
New battery in place, car runs ok but the heater sign is still pulsating on the Control Panel. Grr!
So I applied the Welshgas advice, switched the control panel off for 30 seconds and back on again and hey presto, no heater sign pulsating . Brilliant and thanks again to Welshgas