Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flat Tyre Feeling

E

Eastwood n Ang

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
While traveling in Portugal I had a flat tire which necessitated the use of the tyre repair fluid 700ml "Reifendichtmittel" to get our Cali to a tyre shop, upon returning to the UK, I've contacted VW Van Centre Manchester, who advise that a replacement 700ml bottle of sealant cost £119.00!!!!!

Checking the internet I've seen a brand called 'Slime" but this was in stock at the Portuguese tyre shop and they said it was not a suitable replacement product.
Anybody got any advice on the subject please?

Yep seems about right slime for a smart car is the same money, I bought a spare wheel instead!

While traveling in Portugal I had a flat tire which necessitated the use of the tyre repair fluid 700ml "Reifendichtmittel" to get our Cali to a tyre shop, upon returning to the UK, I've contacted VW Van Centre Manchester, who advise that a replacement 700ml bottle of sealant cost £119.00!!!!!

Checking the internet I've seen a brand called 'Slime" but this was in stock at the Portuguese tyre shop and they said it was not a suitable replacement product.
Anybody got any advice on the subject please?
Holts tyreweld is a much better thing to use than original. It’s water based so a repair can be carried out unlike the VW gunk. Considerably easier to use too.

Back