Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fold out solar panel

S

Sean Fallon

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi everyone I received a 120w fold out solar panel as a present for my 60th birthday
My question is can I clip it on to one of the leisure batteries without damaging any electrical component in the van , my van is a coast 6.1
The panel came with a controller
Just worried if I connect it it might bring up a fault

Hi everyone I received a 120w fold out solar panel as a present for my 60th birthday
My question is can I clip it on to one of the leisure batteries without damaging any electrical component in the van , my van is a coast 6.1
The panel came with a controller
Just worried if I connect it it might bring up a fault
Yes you can, but it would probably be better to fix something like an Anderson socket to one of the Leisure Batteries and an Anderson plug to the Solar Panel lead in place of the clips.
On the T6.1 the electronics measure the Leisure Batteries slightly differently.
Read the Thread below on how to connect the panel or Anderson Socket to a Leisure Battery so that the Control Panel monitors the charging rate as well.

Yes you can, but it would probably be better to fix something like an Anderson socket to one of the Leisure Batteries and an Anderson plug to the Solar Panel lead in place of the clips.
On the T6.1 the electronics measure the Leisure Batteries slightly differently.
Read the Thread below on how to connect the panel or Anderson Socket to a Leisure Battery so that the Control Panel monitors the charging rate as well.

Thank you for your help and advise