Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

folding chair bolts - part number

I emailed Wolfgang about the bolts, thank you Pirat for the info. He immediately emailed back confirming he had them, and the price (6.90 euros, for two sets of bolt, nut and plastic cup thing). I gave him my details and he'd posted them to me by the end of the week - fantastic service!

I replaced the missing tube nut thing today but thought I'd better check the other side - it was loose. Then I checked the other chair and realised that was the broken one - missing the whole ensemble. Lucky there were two sets in the pack.

The moral of the story is - check all the nuts on the chairs regularly, because they loosen themselves and can drop out without your noticing - best not to have to need to replace them.

And - thank you very much Wolfgang for such great service!

What a service......... Emailed the guy this morning and the parts are already in the post for delivery tomorrow!!

Imagine if the UK was that efficient :)

My thanks also to Pirat, Wolfgang came through again with very efficient service!

How cruel.
Decided today to check my nuts and apply some thread lock. Something I've been meaning to do for the last few weeks. Only noticed a bolt missing...!!!
Argggghhhhh.

Moral of the story. Don't put off tomorrow, what you could do today.
Ive emailed Wolfy, for a spare bolt pack.

This is something I'm surprised you can't buy in the club shop...?

Hi. Not the same bolt but whilst away last week, the rivet on the supporting arm under the seat snapped. Two questions before I phone the dealer tomorrow 1) Easy to fix? 2) How long are the chairs covered under the VW warranty? (Purchased Cali in March 16 & so over a year but wondering if chairs covered by 3 year warranty or the 5 year extended warranty that we took out. thanks
IMG_1455.JPG

Hi. Not the same bolt but whilst away last week, the rivet on the supporting arm under the seat snapped. Two questions before I phone the dealer tomorrow 1) Easy to fix? 2) How long are the chairs covered under the VW warranty? (Purchased Cali in March 16 & so over a year but wondering if chairs covered by 3 year warranty or the 5 year extended warranty that we took out. thanks
View attachment 24080
Don't know about the 5 yr Extended Warranty, but covered by the normal 3 yr Warranty.

Thanks WelshGas for the quick reply - will be on the phone tomorrow to the dealer (fingers crossed on a quick turn around for a replacement as away again in a a few weeks).

How cruel.
Decided today to check my nuts and apply some thread lock. Something I've been meaning to do for the last few weeks. Only noticed a bolt missing...!!!
Argggghhhhh.

Moral of the story. Don't put off tomorrow, what you could do today.
Ive emailed Wolfy, for a spare bolt pack.

This is something I'm surprised you can't buy in the club shop...?
We used to sell them but because there are 5 different size bolts it became a problem.

If they replace the chair, which I imagine they will. Ask for the damaged one back if possible and remove all the bolts and bits to use as spares.
:thumb

If they replace the chair, which I imagine they will. Ask for the damaged one back if possible and remove all the bolts and bits to use as spares.
:thumb
Unlikely to agree. The Chair will have to be returned to the Manufacturer, not VW, or VW will bear the cost.

Unlikely to agree. The Chair will have to be returned to the Manufacturer, not VW, or VW will bear the cost.

Definitely worth asking though.
If you don't ask, you don't get

I discovered the loose screw in the folding tailgate chairs issue yesterday when an Allen head screw fell onto the ground when I took the chair from the tailgate. Easily re fitted, checked the rest of the screws on both chairs to find them all very loose. The design is poor as the chairs do not fold if the screws are tightened, today I will remove each screw in turn and refit with some Loctite on the threads to hopefully prevent them falling out in future.

I would recommend checking your chairs before you need to replace the screws or fittings.

Last edited:
I discovered the loose screw in the folding tailgate chairs issue yesterday when an Allen head screw fell onto the ground when I took the chair from the tailgate. Easily re fitted, checked the rest of the screws on both chairs to find them all very loose. The design is poor as the chairs do not fold if the screws are tightened, today I will remove each screw in turn and refit with some Loctite on the threads to hopefully prevent them falling out in future.

I would recommend checking your chairs before you need to replace the screws or fittings.
I had a similar experience over the week end!
I would add that the screws seem to loosen on their own, unrelated to how much use they get, probably due to vibration.

Hi all, any ideas on how to get this screw out to replace the plastic spacer. Unlike many of the other posts, the screw and allen key bolt are locked solid. Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks Mark
image.jpg

The attached is from a post on one of these forums a little while ago.

Attachments

• VW California folding camping chairs.pdf
    100.5 KB · Views: 35
We used to sell them but because there are 5 different size bolts it became a problem.
If a diagram ( don't know who originated it) such as I re-posted about 15 minutes ago were used to identify the fittings required surely it would not be too complicated for the Club shop to stock all five variants?

I have seen the kit, it doesn’t seem to include the bolts required....?

I have checked this morning and it does include the bolts you need

80808DDE-F9D0-4B94-9C06-3D428CADD421.jpeg

Back