Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

folding chair bolts - part number

cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Hi - I think i've seen talk in the past about peoples chairs falling apart as the bolt eventually comes undone.

has anyone replaced these & do they have the part number? I lost the screw in part for one of them but imagine i order the bolt/screw & washer thing.

Cheers

Somewhere on this list someone identified the firm who make the chairs and tables and even posted a link I think. I did a 20 secs search but haven't found it - a bit longer should turn it up I guess?

Good luck

think there info on the other calie site .i have lost some screws in the past .but found some at home to put in .i lost the plastic spacer on the chairs .pays to do them with lock tight .need to check them twice a year . :thumb

yes cheers i saw that link when i did a search but there's nothing there really, i have posted on the other cali site too as couldnt find anything there... just makes things quicker getting the part number, & yes bit of lockglue next time :)

FYI anyone else looking at these those guys don't make the chairs :)

=====================
Sorry we don’t produce the chair.
So it’s not possible to help you.

mit freundlichen Grüßen

MS SCHUON GmbH

=====================

Which bolt are you missing :?:

Calikev said:
Which bolt are you missing :?:

i'll try take a picture sometime but the folding hinge has a bolt through it with a screw head. it goes through a chunky plastic washer that seperates the leg frames.

I actually have the bolt but it has some kind of screw in head which must have fallen out

I think I may have the makers details but it's on my other computer so I can't get it till tonight.

Sorry guys I thought I had the maker details but I don't. :doh

We've lost the long tubular nut thing off one of the chairs (and it nearly collapsed on me last evening while having an elegant picnic). I asked the guy at SMG about it but he said we'd have to replace the whole chair (!) so we're now looking for a substitute. Volkswagen quality, eh?

We had a problem with the bolts issue on our folding chairs with our previous California, however VW just swapped for new chairs no quibble.

We got our van second hand (2008 model) so I'd be surprised if they'd change it for us - worth a try though.

Could try ringing VW customer services & asking for manufacturers details, or asking if they can get hold of missing parts for you.

We have always replaced the complete chair as not possible (at last time of checking) to order the botls etc...seperately. There is not a manufacturer code on the chair either.

cheers

Definitive advice from SMG - thanks for confirming this. How much is a new chair?

1 camping chair that sits in the tailgate is £69.52 + VAT and before any VIP discount.

cheers

is it not possible to find out who made it & therefore order the single parts?

£70 for a chair when you simply need a screw (because it was badly designed & comes undone) is not very pallatable :)

On the majority of parts there is a manufacturers code which corresponds to a list I have in a book for all parts manufacturers that are used by VW. As far as I can remember there are not any codes on the chair anywhere that would allow me to find out who makes them.

cheers

Cool ok - maybe have to start scouring the fixings sites for something that will bodge it for now :)

Is anyone throwing out their old (replaced) chair with only one working bolt? I'd be happy to pay a few quid for it!

The new supplier for Cali-Chairs is "Bel Sol" (http://www.bel-sol.de)
If you lost some bolts and spacers send an E-Mail to Wolfgang : whaug@camping-schuh.de
he will send you back a repair set as announced on our board:

ERSATZTEILSET Inhalt: 2 Schrauben M6 x 30, 2 x Hülsenmutter, 2 x Distanzstücke.
REPAIRSET Contents: 2 Bolts M6 x 30, 2 x Sleeve nuts, 2 x Distance pieces.

Last year ordered by some of our boardies, they paid € 6,90 for it, icl. postage and packing.
I dont know how it works out to the UK, you have to find out yourself. ;)

pirat

Cali-Stuhl-Schrauben.jpg

That's great, thanks Pirat for this info - I've now emailed Wolfgang and will report back on what he says.

Back