Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Folding Table edge trim?

S

SimonSpain

VIP Member
Hi all! :help :help I have just managed to pull the edging trim on our folding table away..... :headbang :headbang ....no idea how :oops: .....I am probably just going to have to try and glue it back in place.....it's just come away on one side and isn'r buckled or bent....yet! Anyone else had that happen? Any ideas as to the best way to fix it and not get glue everywhere! Is it a guarantee job? Cali is only a year old? :thanks :thanks

Simon is a freezing cols Granada, Spain. :hello

Hi simon, on the Wild About Scotland website, under vw California owners review in vw camper vans (page 3), he mentions this happening to his table and says the table was replaced under warranty.

Hi Simon,

Yes, as Looby says, I had this issue and my local garage (Edinburgh Van Centre) replaced the entire table - so put your glue away! In fact, I've just posted some further info about Cali reliability issues experienced by me and others on my blog http://wildaboutscotland.com/2013/11/25 ... liability/.

Thanks guys.....the dealer has glued it so as it looks perfectly ok, I'll see what happens. Year left under guarantee to change it if I don't like the repair...but thanks tonnes guys! :thanks :thanks

I had a number of edge trims popping off my donor California kitchen that I put in my T5. I glued them all back on and they appeared to be nice and strong again. I also had a couple of twisted trim edges, but unfortunately you cannot buy any of these from VW! They do sell a replacement edge but it is white plastic and is not long enough to do a lengthy repair.

To summarise, if any edge trim does pop off, take a lot of care of it as once it buckles or twists it is impossible to straighten.

I now have a genuine SE and we are over the moon with it, but am awaiting my first piece to pop off at some point of ownership, unless they have developed their bonding methods!

Mine came off at the top where you pull the table out. VW dealer did lots of other stuff for us under warranty but wouldn't replace the table or repair this. User error!

Back