Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ford Nugget Plus v California comparison

Ford festivals , vw festivals. Cali wins. I like the nugget, apart from the name, and you can cook your bacon sarnie while having a dump in the morning at the same time ! Love that idea
To be fair you could do that in the Cali as well, although the 335 might be a touch on the low side :D

I agree it is a stupid name. Cali wins that one!
Yes, but as I've posted elsewhere Sven Hedin wrote a book entitled, America in the Battle of the Continents. In it he promoted the view that President Roosevelt was responsible for the outbreak of war in 1939 and that Hitler had done everything in his power to prevent it and he received academic wards from Nazi Germany as late as 1943

Yes, but as I've posted elsewhere Sven Hedin wrote a book entitled, America in the Battle of the Continents. In it he promoted the view that President Roosevelt was responsible for the outbreak of war in 1939 and that Hitler had done everything in his power to prevent it and he received academic wards from Nazi Germany as late as 1943
Wards??? I meant awards!

Now gone to the other side and purchased a year old nugget plus, first time out on Thursday and I must say it is great, everything that was stored in the cali, has gone into the nugget, to be able to make drinks and food without a balancing act is a dream, being able to use the kitchen when the bed is up is great and not having to put a toilet inside every time we go to bed again is great, the cali still very fond memories and had always wanted one, so been there and got that tea shirt, now onto ventures new
The drive is great and I would say on par or better ( ours was a 2015 Biturbo 180 Auto) the new one is slightly more powerful and an Auto as well,
The twin sliding door is great the downstairs bed has more room never used the upstairs bed )

After the disappointment of the T7 unveil, the kids got us to watch the video of the new 2024 Nugget and I have to say that Ford have done a superb job with it.

3 years ago when we bought our California, the California was the obvious choice. The nugget back then was really clunky. If we had to pick today between a T7 California and a 2024 Nugget, I’m reasonably sure the Nugget would win for us.

They integrated the best bits of the California (dining table stored in sliding door, chairs store in boot lid, integrated blinds, nice cabin, etc), kept the best bits of the Nugget (proper kitchen, 3 seats at the back) and added the bits that were always missing in the California (outdoor shower with hot water, solar panels).

It is a really lovely van now. It’s still a shame it doesn’t fit under 2m barriers though as it’s one of the best thing about the California and that we use all the time. Only possible deal breaker for us.

It is a really lovely van now. It’s still a shame it doesn’t fit under 2m barriers though as it’s one of the best thing about the California and that we use all the time. Only possible deal breaker for us.
2m seems the defacto barrier height these days. For me it would be a dealbreaker and I would serious consider a hightop or bigger Sprinter based camper van before choosing the Nugget based only on this feature.

A deal breaker for us is still the fact that you have to raise the roof just to work in the kitchen……. In the Cali the kitchen is always available

It is available in the nugget just have to bend down, but the roof goes up and down quickly and safely and not slow and always worrying about when the thing is going to blow up , a lot more sensible

It is available in the nugget just have to bend down, but the roof goes up and down quickly and safely and not slow and always worrying about when the thing is going to blow up , a lot more sensible
It’s the engine that blows up on the ford lol

So all manufacturers have issues, does not mean one is better than the other , just how it is I am afraid, life is a bitch then your dead

So all manufacturers have issues, does not mean one is better than the other , just how it is I am afraid, life is a bitch then your dead
Guess thats one way of looking at it.

This thread is starting to be like iOS vs Android

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YARN | He started it. | Over the Hedge | Video clips by ...

Back