Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

FOREIGN OFFICE ADVISES AGAINST ALL TRAVEL ‘INDEFINITELY’

I fear for Scotland, Wales, Devon, the lakes and the peaks. All people in the UK will head there now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Maybe just softening everyone up for their next tweet: "Brexit postponed... Indefinitely".
;)

But seriously, what does "indefinitely" mean anyway? Most FCO travel advice applies, implicitly, until the situation changes, so is indefinite at the time it's issued. And anyway, the actual FCO global travel page on GOV.uk makes no mention of "indefinitely".

Someone in FCO comms department needs to Calm Down, Dear.

Just checked Brittany Ferries website, it was last updated this morning, they are still showing sailings from Santander as of 29th April, likely seeing what will happen with Spain lockdown until 26th April before deciding what to do.

Hope my booking for May 6th to UK goes ahead.

The FO pages on GOV.uk says,
1586182600823.png

The Channel Tunnel is operating normally but there are restrictions concerning travel in France (and you have to have a completed an official attestation form (download from French Gov Web Site) stating your reason for travel (Holiday is not a reason for travel in this case). You can be fined on the spot for breaking the imposed travel restrictions in France too. I think you have to self isolate for two weeks and then everything is closed also. And of course travel in the UK is restricted to essential only with no end in sight of this being lifted.
I think the message is Stay Home!

I fear for Scotland, Wales, Devon, the lakes and the peaks. All people in the UK will head there now.
NC 500 will be crawling, best avoided for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Channel Tunnel is operating normally but there are restrictions concerning travel in France (and you have to have a completed an official attestation form (download from French Gov Web Site) stating your reason for travel (Holiday is not a reason for travel in this case). You can be fined on the spot for breaking the imposed travel restrictions in France too. I think you have to self isolate for two weeks and then everything is closed also. And of course travel in the UK is restricted to essential only with no end in sight of this being lifted.
I think the message is Stay Home!
Reading that just reminded my of my frequent traveller account
which expires in June, i have 2 returns to use up before June, normally
they would be used.

Ive had an online chat but was told to send an email, they will reply in the
next 5 days to probably tell me that unfortunately Sir we are not able to extend
the period. The woo hoo ers :headbang

Heres a clip from the website, it seems easier to get in the Uk.

Travel from the UK to France:
Our passenger shuttle services continue to operate. Please check carefully before travelling to Folkestone, as you may be turned away by the French Authorities if you don't have good reason to travel within France. They have advised us that they will only allow travel for the following reasons:

• Going home to a main residence
  • Essential work in France
  • Medical staff
NO HOLIDAYS OR SOCIAL VISITS

There are restrictions on all movements within France that mean people are only allowed to be on the roads if they have completed a certificate and have it with them. This page explains the circumstances under which people are allowed to travel within France, and this page from the UK Government may be useful too.

Travel from France to the UK:
Our passenger shuttle services continue to operate but the shops and cafés in our terminal building in France have had to close due to new French regulations. There are no current restrictions by the authorities on travel from France to the UK, but the UK Government have advised that travel within the UK should only take place if it's essential.

My ferry to Santander in May at the moment is still schedule to sail. But currently all the ferries on that route are tied up, so not running a freight service, fully expect it to be cancelled but no refund until it is.

My ferry to Santander in May at the moment is still schedule to sail. But currently all the ferries on that route are tied up, so not running a freight service, fully expect it to be cancelled but no refund until it is.
Whats the reason for your travel? Would you take the ferry if it was sailing with UK GOV current travel restrictions in place?
EDIT: Just found this on the UK GOV FO site: I guess you fit into one of the limited categories. Not sure where to find those though.
1586201012143.png

Last edited:
@westfalia, you may already have it set up but you can nominate someone to share your Eurotunnel frequent Traveller account so if you know someone coming across you may be able to offload those tickets. I’m aiming to take the tunnel back from UK to Switzerland after Easter and will have the French attestation and Swiss work permit

My point is until it’s officially cancelled then can’t get a refund. If the time comes and restrictions have been relaxed, as they will one day then yes of course I would travel.
However at the moment as far as ferry company s concerned it’s still sailing.

My point is until it’s officially cancelled then can’t get a refund. If the time comes and restrictions have been relaxed, as they will one day then yes of course I would travel.
However at the moment as far as ferry company s concerned it’s still sailing.
Hmmm, its a tricky one. I have to run the gauntlet of refunds etc too but with AFerry (I booked via them as they were cheaper than The Tunnel directly). As the tunnel is still running normally (at least Freight etc) I'm hoping they will allow me to postpone to another date later this year and maybe into 2021. We are due to go on 4th May but AFerry are only dealing with ticketing queries for those who are due to travel in two weeks so we will have to wait until then to find out what transpires.
All the best with your situation.

Maybe just softening everyone up for their next tweet: "Brexit postponed... Indefinitely".
;)

But seriously, what does "indefinitely" mean anyway? Most FCO travel advice applies, implicitly, until the situation changes, so is indefinite at the time it's issued. And anyway, the actual FCO global travel page on GOV.uk makes no mention of "indefinitely".

Someone in FCO comms department needs to Calm Down, Dear.
Maybe they mean travel infidelity?