Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pet Passports to End

Great for you to go out and enjoy the UK. But please don’t think this will be a ‘palaver’ to go elsewhere. We had to do the same when in Norway to take our two Tollers to the Netherlands. It wasn’t exorbitant and the trip was smooth. The vet check to get home was similar to what I have to do now to get back from NL to UK. The biggest differences were a blood check after the vaccination to confirm it had worked, and then a vet visit before travel ti confirm pet is well. All fairly simple and straight forward.
Yes, I wished it would stay the same. But if it doesn’t, it won’t stop me travelling with my dogs.

I can not see any reason why Britain won’t be a Part 1 listed country next year. The only real change would then be a UK pet passport not an EU pet passport.

Even then, holders of the EU passport may find them accepted until the rabies or rabies booster needs updating (every 24 months if I recall correctly).

I can not see any reason why Britain won’t be a Part 1 listed country next year. The only real change would then be a UK pet passport not an EU pet passport.

Even then, holders of the EU passport may find them accepted until the rabies or rabies booster needs updating (every 24 months if I recall correctly).
Currently it’s 3 years. Have first, then second a year later and wait three years for a booster. I have 2 due this spring and 2 the next. Hence following the requirements.

Edited to say - I also see no reason to change as the UK doesn’t have rabies. (There was an incident in Ireland a while back which may change things).

Two of my dogs pet passports expire end of this week. To renew they need a rabies vaccination before the end of the week. I called the vet and asked if this is ok during lockdown. The answer, yes, rabies vaccinations for pet passports are continuing - I believe from talking to my pup owners their normal (annual) vaccinations are being delayed.
So I will be heading to the vets this week (ring from car, hand over dog at door).