Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Formally introducing......'Foxy'

LowMan

LowMan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi Everyone

Having picked up our new California back in November last year, and after a number of occasional days away, we finally got the opportunity over the Easter weekend to take 'Foxy' on the road to test what she was capable of.

All we can say is, what an amazing vehicle she is, and what a fantastic holiday. All the extras that people had advised us about performed perfectly. The roof bungee, the roof topper, the zone sleep, the 'Hilary' Duvalay (that's our name for it anyway!), the collapsable bowls, the SatNav bean bag mount, the CO monitor, they've all proved excellent investments, so thanks to all for tips!

There was one negative thing we learned from our trip, and that was that we should have done this ten years ago!!

When we originally briefly introduced ourselves back in November, we realised we hadn't actually introduced 'Foxy' herself. So we thought we'd correct that today!

So allow us to formally introduce you to Foxy, in Whitby, under a suitably Gothic skyline ;)

Foxy_Whitby.jpg

Thanks again to everyone for all their help and advice. We hope to see some of you on the road some time.

Last edited:
Welcome (again) Foxy! She looks great and I'm interested to hear that you are pleased with your Duvalays as I am considering getting one to soften the lower bed.
Maud

Welcome ,
Nice picture , got something mystieque hanging over it....

Well done, we got ours in January and have not managed a single night away yet, life (and teenage kids) keep thwarting our plans. Hopefully we will get away soon on more than a day out.

@snowy55 , same thing , diffrent way of saying....:D

Welcome on board...

Love Whitby... Best fish and chip sin the country.

Our Foxy - The Bay Window also says "Hi" :)

Hi Lowman and Foxy, nice pic and nice van , enjoy :thumb

Great to meet you this weekend at Runswick Bay. Hope you had a great rest of the Easter break. Not sure if we spotted you on our way home from Saltburn yesterday - looked like Foxy as far as we could see.

Thought Foxy looked great - much better organised than ours! Hope you enjoy the trips away in her - we're already planning where to go this weekend.

PS - Can certainly recommend the fish and chips on the front at Saltburn if you ever go back.

Regards

Great to meet you this weekend at Runswick Bay. Hope you had a great rest of the Easter break. Not sure if we spotted you on our way home from Saltburn yesterday - looked like Foxy as far as we could see.

Thought Foxy looked great - much better organised than ours! Hope you enjoy the trips away in her - we're already planning where to go this weekend.

PS - Can certainly recommend the fish and chips on the front at Saltburn if you ever go back.

Regards

It was great to meet you all too. Syd looked fantastic. Hope you enjoy your trips too. We'll certainly be back to that part of the world, so the Saltburn fish and chips are on the 'To Do' list :)

Welcome (again) Foxy! She looks great and I'm interested to hear that you are pleased with your Duvalays as I am considering getting one to soften the lower bed.
Maud

The Duvalay worked perfectly for us on the downstairs bed, although we did have it combined with the Zonesleep. Might have been over the top, but it was super comfy :thumb

Thanks for the greetings. Hope we see more of you on our travels, and maybe even a Bay Windowed Foxy if we're lucky!

...and yes, I think maybe Whitby Fish and Chips are probably the best in the UK (I sense a forum poll being created ;))!