Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Four nights of it...

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Always been a bit sceptical of wild camping but it's the only way to stay at some of the best surf spots here in Galicia; just done four nights and it's been great!

Okay everything is a bit cramped (no putting up the usual storage tent), you have to ration water from the tank, wash up outside and find a place to...errrmmm...go to the loo but it's meant four days of surfing at epic breaks, waking up to gob smacking views! Most beaches have showers (outdoors so no "proper" showering, just thorough rinsing), some have a loo but you just have to be very practical; the Cali has been awesome with 4motion very useful on some rough tracks.

The surf has now got messy so at a proper site for two nights; that shower felt good! Back wild camping after that.

Sounds great. We do it the other way and wild camp everywhere so the showering and the toilet issues are always there.
I'm on the fast ferry back from Le Havre having spent a week coming back from the Algarve and wild camped in some stunning spots on the way.
Showering with cold water becomes the norm but I've just had 8 weeks away and the Cali never stops amazing us.
Enjoy the rest of your break.

It's nice camping without a long list of rules, isn't it? I do miss my hot showers though!

We always spend a bit of time cleaning an area we've camped in.

We did six nights in total, the rest was at campsites.
Certainly gets you to the best spots and after a few very crowded and noisy campsites, it was very quiet. All beaches have a shower but it's cold and outside so no stripping off!
We bought a solar shower which definitely worked well bit you need a water supply to fill it.

Overall it was great; but I'd struggle to do it for more than a few days and going to the loo in a hole, however back to nature it may seem, is pretty grim!

Back