Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France Meet ( Photo's etc ... )

Re: France Meet

GeoffB said:
:goodone Looks good! I'll certainly buy one... is that a T=shirt or a polo?

T-shirt Geoff,

As many on here know it's a bit of a hobby for Charity for me... drop me a message and we can sort.

Rgds
M

Re: France Meet

Just wanted to say thank you to all those involved with organising the meet. It was great to get together with everyone and pick up suggestions for future cali adventures. Hope to meet up with you all again soon.

Thank you to everyone who came to our first ever meet on the continent, we only expected around handful of vans when this was first announced so it was a real surprise to see 17 turn up in total over the course of the week :thumb

Where shall we all go next year :D

I know quite a few people took some photo's, please feel free to add them to the gallery

France Meet Gallery

france2.jpg

france3.jpg

As said it was great to meet so many great people on my first trip abroad in the Cali
I really enjoyed it even the great storm :laugh2 I managed to get back to the uk unscathed
So I will be booking up again. Maybe Belgium :thumb :thumb

Martin said:
Cali Kids !

That is a nice van in the Cali Kids Photo.

Thanks for arranging Martin and Kev - it was a great first meet for us to attend.

We also found a nice site up North of France for a couple of days. http://www.fermedesaulnes.com/ - very different to the Champagne site - with personal little pitches surrounded by hedges - but nice for a change.

Thanks Again

Tony

Thanks Martin and Kevin for a great weekend, our first Cali meet, but certainly not the last. But no more storms please. Good to see all the photos, looking forward to the next one abroad. I would like a T shirt when they are available please

Thanks Chris I don't deserve the credit i didnt do anything only turn up :laugh2 you do for all your hard work :thumb communicating with the site and getting us as close as you could together
It was good to meet you and your wife see you at next years uk meet :thumb

Yes my thanks to you both for arranging everything. Don't know who you talked to to put on the storm but I'd give it a miss next time :eek:
Apologies for not posting any pictures as they are all in jpeg format and the forum site won't accept them. I'll be back in the UK next week and I will post them then.
Managed to get down to Nice and pick up my passenger to bring her up to Normandy where we are at the moment. Over 2500 miles covered on this trip so far and more to come. I just love it.
Did have one spot of bother with the Cali but more of that when I get home.

Yes, have fun Bob! Thanks for the tip about spare wheel security, first thing we did when we got back was buy and fit a spare wheel locking bolt.

Have put a few pics on the gallery taken shortly before the storm - should have worked out something nasty was on the way from those scudding clouds and the increasingly high wind, but I was doing the washing up when it hit and realized things were getting hairy when a large Quechua tent literally flew across the campsite!

We didn't lower the roof and it coped magnificently, VW manufacturing at its best. We've had about half a dozen bad thunderstorms since we bought ours and only a bit of moisture gets in, even in driving rain.

Well done the organizers, here's to the next rally!

We will be passing through this area on our French tour in a couple of weeks. Would you recommend this site?

Simon

muttley said:
We will be passing through this area on our French tour in a couple of weeks. Would you recommend this site?

Simon

Yes, excellent site for a stop over Simon, thats how we discovered it a couple of years ago en route to Calais, very close to the autoroute also.

Great, thanks. We will probably stop over for a day or two.

Thanks to Martin & Kevin +We did not get there till Sunday so missed the storm!!. Its was good to meet you all for the first time , we then headed down to Rome and had a lovely 2 weeks travelling back via Austria.
Looking forward to meeting up again.
patrick & ulla

Seems such a long time ago now pat :thumb it was really
Good to meet you and your wife. Same again next year :thumb

Have just received a great "I survived Calis en Champagne" from Mark/simplydubs, and can highly recommend them. :cool Mine is the same colour as Bob's - a nice orange. Thanks again, Mark!

GeoffB said:
Have just received a great "I survived Calis en Champagne" from Mark/simplydubs, and can highly recommend them. :cool Mine is the same colour as Bob's - a nice orange. Thanks again, Mark!

Always welcome Geoff :)

Glad you like.

Martin said:
Thank you to everyone who came to our first ever meet on the continent, we only expected around handful of vans when this was first announced so it was a real surprise to see 17 turn up in total over the course of the week :thumb

Where shall we all go next year :D

I know quite a few people took some photo's, please feel free to add them to the gallery

France Meet Gallery

france2.jpg

france3.jpg

Love the picture with all the Cali chairs - Brilliant - Looks like you had a great time folks :thumb :thumb

Finally arrived home with enough time to upload the photos I took at Calis en Champagne. View them in the Gallery.
For those of you who were at the meet and pulling my leg when I said I was going down to Nice to pick a lady up (Nudge Nudge Wink Wink) and bring her into Normandy. Well I did. Having observed all the proprieties on the journey up through France, Cupid fired his bow after a couple of days in Normany and we fell head over heals for one another. This update is for the ladies chaps, as I know you're not a romantic lot. With a bit of luck we'll be an item at the next Cali meet.

Nice to hear that bob :thumb a happy camper :thumb

image.jpg

Congratulations Bob, thanks again for the photo's, look forward to seeing you both at COTF2014

Well done, Bob, we are both very happy for you. Hope to see you both soon.
Chris and Sally.

Congratulations, Bob! Way to go :thumb
Best wishes for you and the lady.
Koen and Jennifer :hello