Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet France Meet -september 2017

So , does this means all of you " retired;) cali owners" are free in september.....:D
If the respons keep going this way , i will contact the owner of the site to arrange a date.

We used to have that problem and it started to rule our life/retirement so decided to put our foot down, we now go away as and when we please and we fit them in if we can ... you only live once.
And we should do that too however our three local grand children are very young and we won't get this time with them ever again. Also astronomical child care costs mean that we can help our family out in a practical way. I might moan a bit but family will always come first.;)

Last edited:
I would do everything possible to attend. I'd like to be able to put some faces behind the names.

Are you sur about those faces.....you could get traumatised in the morning walking in to the sanitairy block:Nailbiting
Think there are pics. on here already with my face on it:cool:
But as you say meeting in real life of some members is a nice thing to look out for.

Hi everyone,

Apologies for putting a dumper on the subject, but has anyone noticed there are only 6 pitches !

http://www.champagne-nowack.fr/index.php/fr/visite.html

Accueil campeurs et caravaniers sur un agréable terrain ombragé, attenant à l'exploitation, bien aménagé et équipé. (6 emplac.) 2 wc, 3 lavabos, 4 douches (eau chaude et froide) 2 bacs à laver vaisselle. Branchement élect. L.linge, réfrig/congél., barbecue à dispo., terrasse couverte, salle commune. Inform. touristiques. Vente produits viticoles.

or in english :

https://camping.hpaguide.com/champagne-ardenne/marne/vandieres/5273.camping-champagne-nowack

CHAMPAGNE CAMPING NOWACK Camping Farm

51700 Vandières - +33 3 26 58 02 69

• Vandières At this farm campsite of 6 pitches offers an area for camper with a drainage area. animals are admitted free.

locations
6 pitches , Shaded, Authorized barbecues, Compulsory car park
with Electricity plug, Water supply.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Moira

No worries the site can take more than six....there are 12 hook-ups.
When you look in the ACSI guide it says only 3 pitches .
This is not a camping but a champagnehouse making the possibility for visitors spending the night , they are not in to attracting big crouds but are more then ok dealing with more than 6 as you say.
Was there more than 10 years ago on a Land Rover meet and they still are doing it the same way.
I been there last week , dealing direct with the owner.
Ok the sanitairyblock can get a bit to small if!......there are 20 verhicles but this would be a club meet and therefore it would be ok for a few nights....
Think the last meet in the UK in april at the lode inn had a trailer sanitairy block i belive so ....
If you are looking for a 150 sqaure meter spot guess you will get dissapointed but we are trying to make it a cosy event;)

Last edited:
So , does this means all of you " retired;) cali owners" are free in september.....:D
If the respons keep going this way , i will contact the owner of the site to arrange a date.

Middle two weeks of September, 11th and 18th, are closed for me.

For those having 2nd thoughts on the location afther @Moira her " dumper" post , as she calls it herself .

A general overview of the field where you can park up for the night. Took last week.
You can see there are four of us parked up....me in the midlle:D
Think leaving plenty space for the other two arriving to get to the six announced to be "full";)
Think fitting 20-25 cali's here would be ok!
As said the site is not running on taking campers but making and selling champagne , thats the reason the ower keeps the official places low . The infrastucture is TOP! take my word i stayed in worst sites....

image.jpeg

When do we expect a date to be announced please?

We would love to come if we have our van by them, love a glass of bubbly

We're sailing west coast France June to Sept then taking Cali down to Spain in October so would be really nice to join in on way to Spain . No exact dates yet. We don't drink champagne ..... Only joking !

For those having 2nd thoughts on the location afther @Moira her " dumper" post , as she calls it herself .

A general overview of the field where you can park up for the night. Took last week.
You can see there are four of us parked up....me in the midlle:D
Think leaving plenty space for the other two arriving to get to the six announced to be "full";)
Think fitting 20-25 cali's here would be ok!
As said the site is not running on taking campers but making and selling champagne , thats the reason the ower keeps the official places low . The infrastucture is TOP! take my word i stayed in worst sites....

View attachment 13463
Looks very nice - probably set up so the Drivers can partake and then sleep it off before hitting the road. Unfortunately we have other plans for September.

We will be travelling back through France on the first week of September and could divert to pop in ?

A asked the site yesterday witch weekend in this september suits them , waiting on answer.
probaly not going for 9 to11 sept as there is a UK meet at the same time...giving more members the chance to come over...
Think it would be : 2 to 4 sept or 16 to 18 sept or 23 to 25 sept
Any suggestions welcome

2-4 is quite close to school holidays? When do the kids go back?

Last time I stayed in a French wine region I tried to bring a bit home...

Sadly it was too big to fit in the van :(

As we have to hook our holidays off work a long time in advance we have already booked September as our main holiday, I know next year is along way off but maybe if there was a date we could book it and keep it free, even in the holidays?

Any news on a date yet?

As said above , waiting for answer ....
They are Frenchmen got they'r way of dealing things i guess, seems it takes him a few days to reply my mail:confused:
Been in France a lot and sometimes they make me :headbang my head...
Anyway , hoping to be this september one of three dates announced few posts above...
As soon i get answer ...it's on here:thumb