Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

France Meet ( Photo's etc ... )

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I think I have accidentally deleted the France meet thread !! Anyway, we now have 14 Cali's on site.

uploadfromtaptalk1374940021139.jpg

Re: France Meet

OMG near death experience at France meet ! Well very severe storm...

God I have never seen anything like that before :shocked :shocked

Right ! I was watching the weather forecast and a pretty big part of the North of France is in "red alert" for strong storms...

In the middle of a massive storm, tents have been blown all over place, power out, all stuck in our vans and can't get out awaiting to inspect the aftermath.

Martin said:
In the middle of a massive storm, tents have been blown all over place, power out, all stuck in our vans and can't get out awaiting to inspect the aftermath.

...Martin reporting live from what has been decribed by the authorities as "the storm of the century"...

:mrgreen:

Jokes apart, fingers crossed for you. Let's hope the damages are minimal.

That was a storm to remember! We ought to get "we survived the Calis in Champagne" Tshirts!

It is being a great meet, so many nice Cali owners and their nice children and dogs too, and lots of useful advice. Glad we came! :D

We had a big one up in the Peak District last night. The site warden actually came to see if we were OK as they reckon the thunder struck our van - it didn't but it wasn't far away. There was a little group of us - we had just finished up a very nice BBQ when the rain started (after glorious weather) we were counting the timing of the thunder and lightning and worked out it was getting closer when BOOM... and the van shook literally.. quite scary. Lots of flooding today. There were people camped in tents by the river and I think they had a very narrow escape as the river rose by at least 1 meter overnight...

Hope everything is OK over there in the light of day and that the rest of the trip isn;t quite as memorable!

GeoffB said:
That was a storm to remember! We ought to get "we survived the Calis in Champagne" Tshirts!

Now there's a thought... ;) I feel a slight modification coming on.

Hope you guys are having a great time, sounds like a proper adventure.

Rgds
Mark

Final evening at our first ever France meet, we have again met so many nice people.

uploadfromtaptalk1375037531300.jpg

hellow everybody
I think we have never met so many nice people! An event (and a storm!) to remember. Well picked campingplace also :thumb
Make those t-shirts ;)
Luckily everybody bought good quality awnings, tents,... an off course the cali's!
A smile, a laugh, it was great!! We would love to see you all again.
Greetz,
Koen and Jennifer :hello
Calibusje

Shame we missed this, but not to worry will be in France shortly. :)

So should I make a few up? ;)

[album]1060[/album]

[album]1059[/album]

Rgds
M

Sounds like you guys having fun with the weather .......

ps .....martin i can't quite see that life size photo of me anywhere in the photo's .... :?: :?:

pps .... you must be keeping me all to yourself in your cali ..... :laugh2 :laugh2

choplee said:
Sounds like you guys having fun with the weather .......

ps .....martin i can't quite see that life size photo of me anywhere in the photo's .... :?: :?:

pps .... you must be keeping me all to yourself in your cali ..... :laugh2 :laugh2

Everyone else is leaving today apart from us so I will get it out to keep me company in the bar tonight.

It was a great meet, and nice to see some new faces. It was the first time abroad in the van for us, and now we're hooked. Can't wait to do it again. Oh and the storm was epic! and the champagne ;)

Thanks for organising it

Pistol (Anthony, Katie, George)

SimplyDubs said:
Shame we missed this, but not to worry will be in France shortly. :)

So should I make a few up? ;)

[album]1060[/album]

[album]1059[/album]

Rgds
M

:goodone Looks good! I'll certainly buy one... is that a T=shirt or a polo?