Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet France Meet -september 2017

Ik hou de datum vast in onze drukke agenda
I've pinned the date in our callender

HC, I am definitely interested. However, from Aberdeen it's a long long trip. I'm already booked for East Fleet the following weekend and it's really not do-able unless I combine the two. However, I'm not keen to do the whole thing on my own. I mentioned it to one or two people at the meet in Sherwood forest and planned to so the same this weekend at Fort William, but sadly didn't make it.
So if there are any more doubters out there who fancy planning the trip with some company then let me know. I also plan to ask around at Lowe Lode - where you will be there too HC? So hopefully we can get something concrete then...
Ik hou ook de datum vast in mij niet zo druk agenda !!

HC, I am definitely interested. However, from Aberdeen it's a long long trip. I'm already booked for East Fleet the following weekend and it's really not do-able unless I combine the two. However, I'm not keen to do the whole thing on my own. I mentioned it to one or two people at the meet in Sherwood forest and planned to so the same this weekend at Fort William, but sadly didn't make it.
So if there are any more doubters out there who fancy planning the trip with some company then let me know. I also plan to ask around at Lowe Lode - where you will be there too HC? So hopefully we can get something concrete then...
Ik hou ook de datum vast in mij niet zo druk agenda !!

I will be at the june meet ;)

Has there been an official announcement yet for this meet?

So far I have dates 2-4 september 2016 reserved

Has there been an official announcement yet for this meet?

So far I have dates 2-4 september 2016 reserved
Hi Swissian , i think we are not going further with this date , at the moment there is almost no interest and i have not booked yet ....
Really a shame , keep an eye out for a new date probally in 2017.

As this meet has not happend in 2016 but hope to have a go in '17 i'm emptying my stock so i got a reason to go back!

PINK champagne anyone?
:cheers
IMG_4977.JPG

In the UK you might say "afthernoon tea"
We just call it our daily portion booze....:D

Last edited:
Would be interested, but need a date to confirm this. Do we have one yet? And can anyone provide a link for the campground we will go to? Thanks!

@Annik
@Rey Bassman
@DJ315

My attempt to organise this in 2016 has failed due to many people where not happy with the date witch i picked .
I kept the tread and we changed the title to 2017 to see if we can go ahead this year.
For me september is the month we always go to France as it is quiet afther the summer vacation and schools are back open and still the weather is ok

If any got intrest do give the weekend you prefer and we will look in to organising something this year.

If you read the tread from page one you get all the info needed the site is great!

If interst grows we set a date and announce this , but for the moment nothing is sur yet.

Wim, you could have a taker here! (not first weekend of September - Stratford meet planned that weekend as I am sure you know - but just checking ;))

If i need to organise it , it will most likley again be the second half of september as i tried last year . But now the announcement is put up earlyer so maybe we can reach the needed 15-20 Cali's to proceed this.
If we reach 15 Cali's we can have the site to are own witch would be great!

If any got intrest do give the weekend you prefer and we will look in to organising something this year.
We might be able to manage the weekend 16/17 September. The Scandinavian leg of our European trip will be over, and we'll be heading into France for the second stage.

We would consider to come down from Denmark. 9/10 or 16/17september (or 7/8 october) might work …

@all , seems there is more intrest that last year .
It can happen if we pick a date and i come to a agree with the owner of the champagnehouse / campsite.

Is it ok to start a DOODLE with some dates witch everyone can pick thiere optiondates they prefer?
I will look in to the DOODLE one of these days.

Last edited:
We will also be traveling back via France around that time with no fixed agenda and would be nice to meet some of you over a few glasses of wine.

Thankx sofar to those who filled in theire dates in the doodle , like to see some more votings:thumb

hello Wim
looking forward to getting the info about the France Meet,
Claudia