Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Freash water pump sostitution t6.1 reich power jet plus

R

revede9a

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi everybody

My t6.1 factory pump failed and being on holiday I decided to change it with a new one and i bought a reich power jet plus
Everything seems ok with connection. The pump goes on and water run but after 3 sec the control panel pop with the message "fresh water pump failure. Contact assistance" and the pump power is cut out till i push ok. it reappear again after 3 sec of pump running.

Anybody has an idea?
I thought it can be that the reich pump as higher assorbtion and the computer see it as a fault?

Thanks for help!

Details about : REICH Power Jet Plus 25l min pump

Immersed pump with 2 motors.
Protection against dry operation.
Voltage : 12V.
Flow: 25l/min
Consumption:75W.
Teat connector: 12 mm.
Dimensions: 53x125 mm.
Weight: 270 Gr.

Reich: 514-0725ES

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I believe your pump wattage is much higher than original pump and VW built in protection against running pump dry by detecting current cosumption. When current is abnormal high it cuts power to the pump. So your assumption is correct.
Your pump can empty full water tank in just one minute : 25l/min ! Are you trying transform the cali into a fire truck : )

Last edited:
Your Cali detects pump malfunction ( dry running or shorted pump) by monitoring the pump's current.

Your Cali detects pump malfunction ( dry running or shorted pump) by monitoring the pump's current.

Thanks guys. I guessed right then. I saw it worked on the t6 and assumpted was ok with t6.1 too. It's not the case.

Do you know which is the consumption of the standard water pump to buy the right one?
Also maybe you know where i can buy the connector?

Solved with this
46328f3428d7a3e437d4c57a7b77219f.jpg