Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tap for kitchen sink and water pump

Curious if anyone has the details on the new tap (Model # from Reich)?
We are experiencing the issue with the tap and water pump- when we bought our van in April it was already out of warranty- so we want to replace ourselves to save the ridiculous cost the dealer wants to charge.
Thanks in advance!

I got this one - to replace my ”new” model,
the actual lever was different, so I swapped it often broken one (internal leak)

ive since learnt the internal ceramic cartridge is replaceable… so could have saved some money. It was under warranty, but with fuel costs and time off work it was cheaper for me to just get a new tap.

if you have older style tap, you will have to drill hole bigger where tap fits
the dealers remove entire sink and disconnect gas…

I got this one - to replace my ”new” model,
the actual lever was different, so I swapped it often broken one (internal leak)

ive since learnt the internal ceramic cartridge is replaceable… so could have saved some money. It was under warranty, but with fuel costs and time off work it was cheaper for me to just get a new tap.

if you have older style tap, you will have to drill hole bigger where tap fits
the dealers remove entire sink and disconnect gas…
Thanks @AndrewCook680...very helpful!

Just thought I would follow-up with a note that we have completed the tap replacement. We ended up purchasing from amazon.de, as Ebay.uk was adding quite a bit of extra to ship to the EU.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01N0EP5IB/

We did not remove the sink as mentioned that the dealer would do. We did have to enlarge the hole for the tap, as also mentioned above. The hardest part was the awkward position the person installing (my husband) had to contort himself into. But now we have a working tap with no leaks....we will be putting it to a full test on our next trip in October- hoping this fully resolved the water pump running issue- which based on everything I know it should!

I included some photos of what the old tap looked like when we removed it.
Van Tap.jpgVan Tap 3.jpgVan Tap 2.jpgVan Tap 4.jpgVan Tap 5.jpgVan Tap 6.jpg

Hi All
Due to a problem of continuous operation of the water pump at certain times, VW has diagnosticed that there was a problem with the kitchen tap
As it isn't completely waterproof, the water comes to establish the contact inside which triggers the pump !
The tap was replaced iwarranty (REICH model)
Now, no problem with the water pump

Hi All
Due to a problem of continuous operation of the water pump at certain times, VW has diagnosticed that there was a problem with the kitchen tap
As it isn't completely waterproof, the water comes to establish the contact inside which triggers the pump !
The tap was replaced iwarranty (REICH model)
Now, no problem with the water pump
My tap was also replaced under warranty...however the replacement tap also has a non water right base which allows water to come in contact with the micro switch causing the pump to run continuously. I have put a switch in the circuit to isolate the tap microswitch from the pump. Once I've isolated the tap I remove the cover...dry the switch with a hair drier ...quick squirt of wd40...and good to go....till next time!

Back