French departments

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
There are 101 French departments. Of those, 96 are in Metropolitan France and five are overseas territories.
3e2e009b1370968581b88a8644a9a059.png

I think at one time or another, I have visited or passed through 90 of the 96 metropolitan departments, and none of the overseas territories (or the two on Corsica).

How many have you visited?

None of the overseas, Corsica yes and all of the others. Many times.

Wow! that map certainly makes you think.... I reckon we have been through most of the mainland ones but Nice and the Alpes Maritimes has escaped us every time! Usually we have just about 'had enough' of touring by the time we get near that corner. and start our journey home...... note to self....... MUST TRY HARDER :D

All of the mainland ones, probably many times, plus Corsica, none of the overseas territories - but some prior to owning a California.

Wow! that map certainly makes you think.... I reckon we have been through most of the mainland ones but Nice and the Alpes Maritimes has escaped us every time! Usually we have just about 'had enough' of touring by the time we get near that corner. and start our journey home...... note to self....... MUST TRY HARDER :D
Nice and the Alpes Maritimes has escaped us every time!

Good way to address that @chockswahay is to do the ‘Route des Grandes Alpes’ road trip which starts at Lake Geneva and ends in Menton. It’s a great journey. :)

None of the overseas, Corsica yes and all of the others. Many times.

Impressive to have visited them all.

I have not visited all 109 counties of the United Kingdom. (There are 48 counties of England, 33 local government counties of Scotland, 22 unitary county and county borough councils of Wales, and six counties of Northern Island).

Nice and the Alpes Maritimes has escaped us every time!

Good way to address that @chockswahay is to do the ‘Route des Grandes Alpes’ road trip which starts at Lake Geneva and ends in Menton. It’s a great journey. :)
@GrumpyGranddad and @Amarillo:
The Route des Grandes Alpes (indeed a great route) we did last summer (second time) and enjoyed it. We ended at Monaco and then did the coastline to Gruissan. That was the first part of our summer trip. Then we went to Île de Noirmoutier, then Mont-Saint-Michel and then home to Bruges, Belgium.
I certainly do not say this to boast, but to show how many departments we visited during this trip alone. From an early age I go to France with my parents and their camper and later with my own passenger car and then with the VW campervan (t4 and now t6.1). I love France. But also love the United Kingdom: I still have a lot to discover there because I have only been there about 8 times with the California.
If I have time, I’ll write down witch of the 48 counties of England, 33 local government counties of Scotland, 22 unitary county and county borough councils of Wales, and six counties of Northern Island we already visited.

@GrumpyGranddad and @Amarillo:
The Route des Grandes Alpes (indeed a great route) we did last summer (second time) and enjoyed it. We ended at Monaco and then did the coastline to Gruissan. That was the first part of our summer trip. Then we went to Île de Noirmoutier, then Mont-Saint-Michel and then home to Bruges, Belgium.
I certainly do not say this to boast, but to show how many departments we visited during this trip alone. From an early age I go to France with my parents and their camper and later with my own passenger car and then with the VW campervan (t4 and now t6.1). I love France. But also love the United Kingdom: I still have a lot to discover there because I have only been there about 8 times with the California.
If I have time, I’ll write down witch of the 48 counties of England, 33 local government counties of Scotland, 22 unitary county and county borough councils of Wales, and six counties of Northern Island we already visited.

a01faf0906f49376f60fb0fd32eecc74.gif

I think the only UK ones I haven’t visited are Merseyside, Shetland Islands, Armagh, Tyrone and Fermanagh. I managed to visit N. Ireland for the first time last summer, and after taking the ferry to SW Scotland and driving to the East Coast passed through several Scottish counties for the first time.

a01faf0906f49376f60fb0fd32eecc74.gif

I think the only UK ones I haven’t visited are Merseyside, Shetland Islands, Armagh, Tyrone and Fermanagh. I managed to visit N. Ireland for the first time last summer, and after taking the ferry to SW Scotland and driving to the East Coast passed through several Scottish counties for the first time.
What I'm sure of: we didn't visit Isle of Wright nor Northern Ireland (but we certainly will). I probably did all the Scottish counties with the exception of Lewis and Harris. Wales: difficult, we toured there for a week some years ago and did Conwy, Pen Y Pass, Beddgelert, Snowdonia and the coastline (Portmeirion!). England: also hard to say: drove to 'Calis on the Farm' (Somerset) a few times, 3x Camper Jam, few times Windsor, Yorkshire Dale, Dorset-Devon-Cornwal. The Lake District. 1x Peppa Pig World at Paultons Family Theme park. I find people's journeys fascinating and like looking at where they've all been, but when I run over what we've already visited and discovered, I'm also proud of ourselves (without wanting to boast). However, there is still much to discover in the UK.

Google maps do a good job of keeping track of the places I have visited over the last five years or so.

a5b7c04c644a3504e342e70eff049d00.png

07d9003d489a6061afbda7230d20d224.png

That was interesting making me look at a map of France. I have been to every one on the mainland but the one with Strasbourg in. I had not thought about how much of France I had been too. Some only passing though but some visiting cities.

Google maps do a good job of keeping track of the places I have visited over the last five years or so.

a5b7c04c644a3504e342e70eff049d00.png

07d9003d489a6061afbda7230d20d224.png
Wow, I did not know you could do that. I checked and apparently I had to set up my location history and this is not the case. Unfortunately, it does look great.

I think I've been to practically all the UK counties and a fair number of the French departments but I often struggle to remember where on earth I was last night.

All off my pictures are geotagged. So I never forget where they are taken.
I use the App GEOTAG PHOTO. It record time and place.
France is one off my favourite places.

Verstuurd met Tapatalk
I have that with my iPhone: if I touch the ℹ️ a map pops up and there it is. But I’m still old fashioned and use my Facebook for my pictures: after every trip, I make a selection of the best pics that represent our holiday and create an album for our parents, some friends and colleagues but mostly for ourselves: it’s our fotoalbum :)