Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge Compressor Controller - Fridge Removal?

Rupertexists

Rupertexists

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have a 2013 SE and I removed the 101N0220 controller from the fridge BD35F compressor and reinstalling I can't get it to correctly hook back on to the compressor, it is close but just wont go on. The space under the fridge is very tight, I have it mostly in but the rear of the controller does seem to want to seat correctly. Does anyone have any tips? I would pull the fridge but it looks like a two man job, do anyone know a mechanic who is good with Cali's in the London or Southeast area? Or it would be cool if someone who is willing to help me out - I can come to you? :thumb :thumb

I managed to do it :) very difficult, the trick is to hook the controller at the back first then use a trim tool to lever the back so it stays in place against the compressor for the whole procedure, then pull the controller towards you whilst easing the front away from the compressor so it just clears the compressor front plate (with the screw hole - you might need to lever it a bit with a screw driver to get it over) and then once over and cleared the front plate push it back towards the compressor so the screw hole lines up - get that screw in there quick and have a well earned beer :cool:

Back