Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge not working

P

pjor

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi folks hoping someone might be able to help with a fridge issue.
Have 2008 Cali and fridge went on blink a while ago - could hear click when switching on at control panel but then switched itself off almost immediately. Removed Danfoss controller and sent to Penguin who diagnosed controller faulty and sent me replacement. I have just fitted replacement controller - had to remove fridge to get it back in - and when I turn on at main controller now there is nothing, not even click that tells you fridge has turned on. Have removed fridge again and checked that 3 pin attachment is good from controller to compressor and checked other electrical connections and still no joy. One thing I haven't yet done is checked fuse again (was first thing checked when fridge originally went on blink) because it's a pain to get at fuses under passenger seat.
Any help/suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Hi folks hoping someone might be able to help with a fridge issue.
Have 2008 Cali and fridge went on blink a while ago - could hear click when switching on at control panel but then switched itself off almost immediately. Removed Danfoss controller and sent to Penguin who diagnosed controller faulty and sent me replacement. I have just fitted replacement controller - had to remove fridge to get it back in - and when I turn on at main controller now there is nothing, not even click that tells you fridge has turned on. Have removed fridge again and checked that 3 pin attachment is good from controller to compressor and checked other electrical connections and still no joy. One thing I haven't yet done is checked fuse again (was first thing checked when fridge originally went on blink) because it's a pain to get at fuses under passenger seat.
Any help/suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul
Check the fuse.
Passenger seat fuses. Turn chair through 90o and then slide towards kitchen unit.

Thanks for reply. Have just checked fuse - it's not blown.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks for reply. Have just checked fuse - it's not blown.
Any other suggestions?
Have you cleared any Diagnostic Codes on the Control Panel?

Would you be able to explain how I do that.
Thanks

Would you be able to explain how I do that.
Thanks
Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Control Panel Off and wait 30 secs

Control Panel On

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.

Try Roof/Heater or Fridge

Sorry for not posting again earlier, something else got in the way. Anyway, it's working now - didn't need to clear any faults on control panel. Not sure why it didn't start to work straight after I replaced and connected up controller. Maybe I just had to switched panel off and on again.
Thanks very much for your help

Back