Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge problems

D

Dra

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Dear california experts,

I bought a Volkswagen Transporter and converted it to a california. The roof works, everything works fine except for 2 things.

One of those things are the fridge.

I cant get it to work, i tried the following things:

- tried to turn it on via the display, relais 52 gets power, you can hear a sound, and after a couple of seconds it turns off automatically and turns off again with the same sound. Did not work

- took out everything (including the controller) between the fridge and powersupply and connected the compressor directly to the powersupply to test if the compressor works. You can hear it starting and then stops. I just connected the 2 + and the 1 - to the powersupply.

I want to know where the problem is, i tried to test the donfassthingy with the leds, it works. But i want to make sure if the controle unit is failing in any kind of way.

To check this i need to make sure the compressor works. Maybe i tried to test the compressor the wrong way?

Any tips lads? About how to test a compressor and about how to make the fridge work.

If needed i can take pictures.

Thanks in advance,

A california newbie.

Hi and welcome....

If the fridges starts up ...then switch of ....could be the thermostaat ?

I think that the regulator is broke. There should not be problems with the thermostaat

Well done on building a California! :thumb

I've seen quite a lot of stuff about fridge problems on these forums, have you tried a search?