Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge temperature

R

robertoew

Hi.
Anyone knows what's the minimum temp the fridge can have?
The idea is to take with me frozen meat!

Thanks!

When I turn mine up full it freezes at the bottom :thumb

Mine seems to go through fases of freezing then defrosting slightly (I assume this as I get puddles of water at the bottom and the frosting goes from the rear wall) although its running all the time, albeit when on the move its being switched from hook up to battery. Is this normal?

On my 2006 Cali the Fridge setting the lower number the colder it is? domestic fridges it the opposite?

we use one of the fridge termometer thingys in the club shop http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/fridge_thermometer.php

I use it much more than expected especially this time of year as sometimes you don't think the fridge is on yet it is still in the blue even with it on the lowest setting, i can see it saving us some battery power when not on hook up

Yes they used to be like that on the older models.....on the face lifts it's the opposite

Mine won't go colder than 10 deg at the moment but I think there's something wrong with it.

Mine keeps frozen food frozen.

I'm rather bad at arriving, tired, exhausted, thirsty.... desperate for a cup of tea.... popping kettle on (naturally a folding wacky one)... getting all the bits done, electric hook up etc, sitting down ready for a nice cup of tea...

and frozen milk :crazy

My first kettle full of hot water normally gets pressed into service defrosting my milk

I always have a thermos flask of boiling water ready, & a little pot of milk - to avoid those tea emergencies.