Minor Fridge accident.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Put the fridge on this morning prior to our trip to Stoneleigh tomorrow as we plan to pick up some sausages and pork chops from the Farm Shop M5 Services near Gloucester.
Anyway checked this afternoon prior to turning it down from Max. Opened the lid to a BROWN fridge. Had a 6 pack of Diet Coke in there, against the back wall, and one of the tins next to the fridge wall had frozen, expanded and burst. Frozen Coca-Cola everywhere.
Easily cleaned up but shows you how cold it can get. Forum shop thermometer showed -10c.:thumb

Serves you right.

Diet coke is dreadful stuff.

Stick to Vimto.
Do they still make Vimto? Haven't seen it around here for years.

You can get it from Waitrose,

along with terribly nice free range sausages ....

Although I must admit I have never seen sausages gambolling freely in grassy pastures but if Waitrose states that they are free range then that must be so :shocked

Never ever had mine on MAX , afther reading your expirience probally never gonna do;)
Thats a " sticky":D

Never ever had mine on MAX , afther reading your expirience probally never gonna do;)
Thats a " sticky":D
Neither will I. Diet Coke is OK, no sugar. The normal stuff would have been sticky.

Put the fridge on this morning prior to our trip to Stoneleigh tomorrow as we plan to pick up some sausages and pork chops from the Farm Shop M5 Services near Gloucester.
Anyway checked this afternoon prior to turning it down from Max. Opened the lid to a BROWN fridge. Had a 6 pack of Diet Coke in there, against the back wall, and one of the tins next to the fridge wall had frozen, expanded and burst. Frozen Coca-Cola everywhere.
Easily cleaned up but shows you how cold it can get. Forum shop thermometer showed -10c.:thumb

Hey WG ... maybe you need some of these

http://www.vwcampershop.nl/en/campe...rigerator-anti-frost-protection-sidewall.html

Was looking at them last night as HC posted the link to the shop site. I think I'll just make sure the beer and gin are next to the back wall in future.:D

Yeah but the gin is no problem - it's probably 40% alcohol by volume and the freezing point of alcohol (ethanol) is -114 deg C. So just forget the Brains SA or whatever and stock up your fridge with gin. And you could try it with frozen Diet Coke cubes now you've figured out how to make those. :happy

Try the gin with Pedroni! Wow....an alcoholic tonic that is sold in Waitrose. Fabulous stuff :)

That Gloucester services on the M5 is fabulous, if only more were like that...

Mmm Aspartame-ade
Slightly off thread - but my parents were staying at Tebay / Westmorland a couple of days ago and they are apparently extending the business. So as well as Tebay and Gloucester they have recently bought another along the M6 in Cumbria and will be bringing that 'up to the same standard' as the others. The business is now run by the original Westmorland land owner's daughter and she is driving the expansion. Let's hope there are many more along the way...

Mine can get -22. Though only when I want it to :)

Back