Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge trips when the engine is running. Over voltage?

I hate electrics.

Left it on hookup this afternoon. All batteries charged up including the vehicle (so why can it be sluggish to start after 5 days on hookup when using the side door in electric mode?).

Fridge worked fine. Voltage generally in the 13 when running and hit 14.5v towards the end of the 30min drive but the fridge didn't trip (fridge tripped 20x when driving the last two weekends)

Didn't see 14.6 on the Control Unit. However 14.5 was showing so I checked the voltage going into the vehicle main battery. This was reading 14.7 at tickover. This afternoon at tickover it was 12.4. Checked the battery after standing and it was reading 12.56.

My Foxwell doesn't have the BRT option. :talktothehand

It will have a 6hr run up to the Lakes on Wednesday so I can evaluate it a little more and will bring the volt meter along for the ride. I'm less nervous about not starting it after 5days on hook up now.

The only single change I have carried out is the connector to the fridge. This was hooked over the fridge condenser capillary pipe .

Sorted. It would seem that the evaporator capillary tail and the fridge connector were too close causing it to short. Hasn't tripped since I moved the connector away.

Did spend some time reading about smart alternators as well.

Well spotted! I would not have thought of that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back