Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge when turned off

FoodieLoobie

FoodieLoobie

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
i apologise if this question has been asked before but when searching I couldn’t find this.

We don’t always use our Cali every day so when not in regular use we just leave the fridge lid open so get plenty of air flow. We do, however, sometimes have to bring the Cali into regular daily use to get to work when we are minus another car.

We usually leave a folded up tea towel in the bottom of the fridge when it is on as it tends to get a bit wet when in use. So we tend to also use a folded tea towel to stop the lid from fully closing when using the van daily but not needing to use the fridge.

When using the Cali daily what do others do with the fridge to ensure it doesn’t end up getting a bit musty?

After a trip we just wash fridge out leave to dry over night then close lid , never had a problem with it smelling musty.

i apologise if this question has been asked before but when searching I couldn’t find this.

We don’t always use our Cali every day so when not in regular use we just leave the fridge lid open so get plenty of air flow. We do, however, sometimes have to bring the Cali into regular daily use to get to work when we are minus another car.

We usually leave a folded up tea towel in the bottom of the fridge when it is on as it tends to get a bit wet when in use. So we tend to also use a folded tea towel to stop the lid from fully closing when using the van daily but not needing to use the fridge.

When using the Cali daily what do others do with the fridge to ensure it doesn’t end up getting a bit musty?
After use - washout - and as you, use a tea towel to keep the lid open to keep it aerated and dry out.

However, we use ours very frequently and I was worried about a passenger leaning on the lid and twisting it, so now I do the following.

Washout and dry and I put a Disposable Dehumidifier in together with a Fridge De-oderiser and close the lid.

The fridge is full of bottled water and cans and when travelling, not camping, in the U.K. we just switch the fridge on night before a long trip and have a supply of chilled drinks without paying inflated prices at Services. The Dehumidifier keeps the Interior dry. After trip we just switch off fridge until next trip.