Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge smell

John

John

VIP Member
Original post Calikev

What do people use to keep their fridge smelling nice mines not that great at the moment
Not sure what it smells of though I have wiped it out and even tried bicarbonate soda
But the smell is still there when I bought the Cali there was a vw air fresher in the fridge
I have removed it not sure if the smell came from that any advise on the best thing to clean it with. Would be welcome

Kev we always leave the top open when we are not using our Cali. It allows it to dry out and air between trips.

Bicarbonate soda is normally used to clean fridges as you have already tried.

You might like to try carefully spraying some domestos spray bleach around it leave for 15Min's before cleaning it off then airing with the lid open.

Finally, like some of the commanders used to do on the space shuttle, be the fish police and have a fish ban in your Cali,

Milton fluid now that takes me back to days of Sterilizing bottles and changing nappies.

Original post Ron

Here's a tip..place activated charcoal (available from an aquarium supply store) in a shallow pan and leave for one week to freshen.

Original post Ron

Hi Martin, what is spooky is that the time of our posts was the same but the've just changed -- by 1 second

Back