Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Friendly dealer for finance advice

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Hi Everyone

Can anyone recommend a friendly dealer I can have a proper conversation with about costs and discount?

We're in the 'saving up' phase for the hefty deposit but could do with some preliminary calculations on the PCP to know exactly what kind of deposit number we're shooting for (to hit our desired monthly PCP value).

Obviously residual values, potential discounts and APR all play into this, but could do with a proper conversation. They would just need to give me an example now, which we can follow up with an updated quote in about 9 months time.

Cheers

Will.

I would recommend SMG Cowfold... They really know their Calis... There are lots of others that will be recommended though...

On PCP there is a maximum deposit contribution you can make, I don't think you can go above 20%.

I paid 30% deposit on mine. Try Guy Vincent at VW Van Centre Preston.

Sorry, yes my maths has let me down, when I was playing around with the finance figures online it wouldn't let me go above a deposit of about £19k which is probably a third of total price.

I had a larger deposit and was told that I would have to have a straight finance instead of pcp but the interest rate was double so went for PCP and saved the rest.

Thanks everyone - spoke to Chris at Cowfold yesterday afternoon and what a nice guy!

He's going to email me some options over and was really helpful in explaining some of the normal spec, what not to buy (colours, mostly). Should set us up nicely for a purchase in due course, when we know what the required deposit is vs delivery time etc. He was saying probably 9 months for delivery if we ordered now but by his own admission this is due to his popularity and his allocation being full for 6 months!

That would suit us just fine, we wouldnt want one any earlier than that (probably more like 12 months to be honest), so i can see us ordering around Christmas time possibly.

Reactions: Sad
Sounds good, exciting times ahead - not to mention sleepless nights!
Interested to hear what colours NOT to buy?!

Lol - Oryx White, on the basis that it is such a pain to colour match if it ever needs paint (or you want a spoiler etc). He also said that you have to be pretty close to it to notice much difference from Candy White, even including using a torch to shine into the paint to see the metallic flecks because they are really fine.

He said not many people buy the metallic grey on the cali (he doesnt know why not) but loads do on a transporter. I quite fancy it to be honest.

He's also had people buy candy white and have the bottom half wrapped, at under half the cost of the two tone paint job from the factory..... hmm....

I have an Indium Grey Transporter...looks really good with limo tint windows.

I've seen a lot of grey, white and blue calis I would say its the ones I've seen the most on the road. I have natural grey, i like it :) If you want a less obvious camper its good imho as is iridium as per the new ones.

Coventry were very helpful for me and I ended up steering clear of the finance because it was much more expensive than just borrowing the remaining amount.

I too think Grey and Blue are the more popular colours on a T6 Cali, seen plenty around this summer whilst camping. Interesting thoughts on the Oryx white, not seen one in the flesh but did like the sound of it, but not worth the premium price tag IMO.

Well I think tomorrow we're going to have a wander over to Birmingham and Coventry to have a look at the different colours and specs they have in. I think Birmingham have a Oryx White one at the moment, so will be interesting to see in the flesh.

Got the initial quotes back from Chris at Cowfold and they're in the ballpark that we were expecting so that's good. I am sure he's not throwing every possible bit of discount in just yet as we're not ready to order right at this moment but the timeline now does look like:

Place order around Christmas time, maybe in between Christmas and new year, then hope for a 9 month delivery timeframe as we wouldn't want it any sooner than September at the earliest, for various reasons.

So we could actually, technically, be less than 12 months away from having our first Cali!! Wowzer...

The spec that we're looking at is N2ECQCQR.

We're pretty set on that spec now apart from maybe dropping the comfort bed extension (so we can get a brandrup instead) and maybe adding the premium info display instead as it just looks a lot nicer in the dash.

Oh, and we still haven't decided what colour yet either. Im getting more tempted with the metallic grey.