Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

From 5 to 2...

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Have been to Mauriac this july. That is central France, in the Cantal.
Been to the camping Le Val Saint Jean. They accept ACSI, even in summertime. So it was € 17 per night. Free WiFi, free swimming pool, close to a very small lake. Close to a lot to see and do in the surroundings.

sapto

sapto

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Wow, that is still a bit expensive for us europeans, did you have to pay
more for the roof topper :)
Slovenia is a winner for us too, we've done some of those expensive Austrian
sites and had food (good food) and drinks, and leave the next day and
realise we've spent about 150€ having a stopover.
I think Slovenia has the coldest rivers in the world:D
like you say, great people, food,and camping.
Same here - This spot is (unfortunately) just a stopover on our way home (2xpizza €22.-). However it‘s nice here, something new to us and we‘re on vacation (and to be honest: Switzerland is far more expensive -not the vignette - I am not going to calculate that again here, because it is cheap/not free as in Germany but less than Italy, Slovenia, Croatia and France )

The topper is included and a free gift because it raines since we arrived here

sapto

sapto

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Have been to Mauriac this july. That is central France, in the Cantal.
Been to the camping Le Val Saint Jean. They accept ACSI, even in summertime. So it was € 17 per night. Free WiFi, free swimming pool, close to a very small lake. Close to a lot to see and do in the surroundings.
Sounds perfect! I might come back to you soon for our October vacations Thanks a lot!

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Any time!

Oh, could you let me know how the weather will be in the last 2 weeks of july of 2020? I can't wait to go back to Switzerland in summertime.
This year, the weather seemed not to be that good, so I chose for central France. But I heard it turned out to be quite good?

sapto

sapto

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Any time!

Oh, could you let me know how the weather will be in the last 2 weeks of july of 2020? I can't wait to go back to Switzerland in summertime.
This year, the weather seemed not to be that good, so I chose for central France. But I heard it turned out to be quite good?
@SimonMc was with Felix in Switzerland the last few July weeks. He can tell you more

In Central Switzerland it was pretty warm (around 30-35 Celcius) and we also had some rain and storm. But all in all July was very warm

sapto

sapto

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
So back home to unpack, wash, pack, go for two days to work (wife)/one day (me), decide where to go, weather check, pack the van again (this time we take less - we try. Bikes stay at home. Oh it‘s rainig so we need more...).

In between cleaned the bike shed:

Manage to get hit by a flying pylon from a truck (he didn’t noticed)
and went to check to my VW Commercial Center. However look forward to start again tomorrow and hopfully our son doesn‘t get some toothache/fever again. So keep you updated where we‘re heading!

EDIT:
So far Croatia (Camp Finida&Camo Val Saline) and Slovenia (Saksida&Camp Špik) were awesome! Austria and Natterer See: We give you another try next time. A lot of positive aspects and we def would give it a go again: Main reason good washing facilities/bathrooms for kids and the free shuttle to Innsbruck

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Manage to get hit by a flying pylon from a truck (he didn’t noticed)
Not like it is really that truck driver's fault. He can't help pylons flying up from the wind.
Still not fun to have this happened.

sapto

sapto

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Not like it is really that truck driver's fault. He can't help pylons flying up from the wind.
Still not fun to have this happened.
Absolutly. I just want to ask them and find a good solution. And in the end: Nothing serious happend to us

sapto

sapto

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
So this weekend we went for Munich with my parents.
My wife worked here for the last five years so we are still pretty connected to this wonderful city in Bavaria.

We showed them just a few of our personal highlights:

1. Breakfast or lunch: https://www.schwabinger-osterwaldgarten.de/
Lays right next to the Englischer Garten.
Take the U3/U6 to Münchner Freiheit and walk 5mins.
After the meal walk throught the Englischer Garten back to the Chinese tower (bit touristic beargarden) to the Eisbach wave to watch some surfers.

2. Königlicher Hirschgarten (lays in the west of Munich/close to Nymphenburg/Passing). Great restaurant and nice park too.
Superb to sit under the threes and eat a Brathendl or some spare ribs.
Train to „Hirschgarten“, walk 5mins to the beginning of the park.

3. Viktualien Markt (center of Munich):
Great place to find your fresh vegetables, cheese, meat, flowers or gifts.
Always wonderful to stroll around here.

4. Ate some ice cream at Ballabeni in Türkenstrasse. Lovely!

Everything superb to do with kids/buggy. Warching how they grill thw fish at Hirschgarten or the deers was our sons fav.

Travel around in Munich: Group card for 1 day up to 5 adults: €12.90.-

sapto

sapto

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
After some rain and wind we went to Innsbruck (parking at Sillpark - close/10 min to town center next to the train station).

Lovely city between the mountains and relaxed vibe. We walked around like many other.

Expensive but nice clothes for kids:
Right behind the „Golden Roof“ and next to to the Hofburg.

We had a look around Paragonias sale and bought a t-shirt for our son as a present.

If you‘re looking for a break for the youngest:
Adolf-Pichler-Platz has playground and some places to eat around.

Next stop and our last camping stop for this years summer hol was Tirol Camp in Leutasch next to Seefeld i Tirol. A 5 star camping with indoor pool. Well to be honest: We didn‘t rate the place with 5 stars however it is a nice spot and pitches are good. Great place for hiking and cycling and in winter skiing.
Reason we’d choose this place was the pool and the short distance to Munich and Innsbruck.

Our pitch

Playground

Soccer-basketball-tennisfield

Washing facilities for the young ones

Last edited:

Our Partners