From camping to Glamping -Tent to Awning conversion

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Dear All,

I invested last month about £600 on a Outwell flagstaff tent (and its a beauty) but my heart was telling me to get a California so listened to my heart and now ordered a Beach so here is my question;

I dont want to make my lovely new tent obselete as only set it up once and not even used it yet so is there any way I can make this connect somehow to a californa so its thrn basically a driveaway awaning because I really dont lwant to spend another £600 on a offical driveaway awning. Ive read many posts and appreciate some people have ingenious ideas on problems so any hints and tips would be gratefully received. Picture of tent attached.

Thank you in advance for any advice. :help

Screenshot_20180702-121041_Chrome.jpg

...........i supoose i only want an awning as dont want to pay for a camper AND a tent on a site, but rather a camper and awning as these seem to go hand in hand but do sites mind if you set up a tent next to your camper.

Ive been camping but never with a Campervan and awning so not sure what the etiquette rules are on campervan sites?

If you have the VW awning (or the little rubber strip you should get with a Beach) you can connect a Kador strip to the van quite easily. As long asyour tent has a kador attachment or can support one you could connect it :)

I think, looking at your tent, the biggest problem would be finding a pitch large enough to take tent and California.

I think, looking at your tent, the biggest problem would be finding a pitch large enough to take tent and California.

I dont think there should be any problem with the size as its just a tent and the Cali is no bigger than my current Skoda Superb, or even most moderate sized cars, hence the beauty of a Cali.

Just want something so I can walk into the tent/ or van without getting soaked and giving it the feel its all part of the same thing? Just missing the connecting bit? I have ordered a rail and awning with the cali

Tent query.JPG

I’ve got a 5m bell tent I love so I’ll definitely be using that as an awning. At worst I’ll just extend the sun awning from the van over the top of the doorway or attach a tarp to the tent and clip that to the awning. Let me know how you get on if you find a connector that works

Dear All,

I invested last month about £600 on a Outwell flagstaff tent (and its a beauty) but my heart was telling me to get a California so listened to my heart and now ordered a Beach so here is my question;

I dont want to make my lovely new tent obselete as only set it up once and not even used it yet so is there any way I can make this connect somehow to a californa so its thrn basically a driveaway awaning because I really dont lwant to spend another £600 on a offical driveaway awning. Ive read many posts and appreciate some people have ingenious ideas on problems so any hints and tips would be gratefully received. Picture of tent attached.

Thank you in advance for any advice. :help

View attachment 35063
We tend to use our Vango Galli as a stand alone awning as saves faffing about with the kador strip if we want to take the van out, just extend the van awning as far as you can so it meets the tent. You could also get a couple of side panels for the roller awning if you wanted to create a more of a tunnel, but we quite enjoy looking out from under the roller awning.

I’ve got a 5m bell tent I love so I’ll definitely be using that as an awning. At worst I’ll just extend the sun awning from the van over the top of the doorway or attach a tarp to the tent and clip that to the awning. Let me know how you get on if you find a connector that works
Just a tip.
If you respond to a historical post and hope to get a response then use the Reply button because the Original Poster will then get a Notification, otherwise you're dependant on the OP constantly checking their old post for any responses.

When we had a Cali and a huge Trigano bell tent we had a connector piece expertly fitted complete with zips for the tent roll up flap and extension connector piece with cador strip done by a tent repair place near Bolton

Set up, it was really only worth it for long stays eg in Europe.

Setting up the huge tent at the end of a lengthy drive would make me very grumpy!

When we parked at Hayfield to try it out before first big trip- the warden asked us when the barn dance started! - make sure you get big pitches!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a tip.
If you respond to a historical post and hope to get a response then use the Reply button because the Original Poster will then get a Notification, otherwise you're dependant on the OP constantly checking their old post for any responses.
Thank you!!

Back