Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front day lights are always on

szczota81

szczota81

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
I have another question.

My Cali 2014 after lift is with led front day lights as in the picture.

background3.jpg

The problem is that the led day lights are always on, even when the switch is set to 0 (zero). I have to take off kay to switch this lights off.
I have Passat B8 as well and this lights are off after switch is set to 0 (zero). But my Passat is 2017.

I found some VW cars on youtube where this lights are also on with switch on 0.

Could anyone check how it should work?

I have another question.

My Cali 2014 after lift is with led front day lights as in the picture.

View attachment 41063

The problem is that the led day lights are always on, even when the switch is set to 0 (zero). I have to take off kay to switch this lights off.
I have Passat B8 as well and this lights are off after switch is set to 0 (zero). But my Passat is 2017.

I found some VW cars on youtube where this lights are also on with switch on 0.

Could anyone check how it should work?
Day Light Running lights are not Controlled by the light switch. They will Always be On when the Ignition is On.

That is crazy. My Passat B8 allowed switch off day lights by turn switch to 0.

Is there any way to listen music while sitting in rear apartment without lights?

Can I change a coding to be able switch day lights by turning switch to 0?

Is there any way to listen music while sitting in rear apartment without lights?

You should be able to switch the radio on without the ignition and therefore without lights.

No - EU law dictates that DRLs come on with Ignition. Coding can, apparently, be carried out that DRLs will only come On with Ignition On + Handbrake Off.
As far as listening to music with Ignition Off, as has been suggested try Switching the Radio On using the Volume Button.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the California.

No - EU law dictates that DRLs come on with Ignition. Coding can, apparently, be carried out that DRLs will only come On with Ignition On + Handbrake Off.
As far as listening to music with Ignition Off, as has been suggested try Switching the Radio On using the Volume Button.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the California.
I agree with you. This is EU law. And this should works with swith set to AUTO. But when the switch is set to 0 the day lights should be off as well.
At least Passat works like this.

Can anyone check it in the car, please :).

Thank you for all the explanations and for sharing knowledge about the car which I will probably learn for a long time.
It turns out that the lights are working properly, the radio turns on without a key.
Only I would add that daylight would turn on when I turned off the hand brake.

We can close the topic.

Thank you

Loz. Question. Do you know if vcds can code in the rear lights with the DRLs. See mm s silly to me that they don't work together.

Loz. Question. Do you know if vcds can code in the rear lights with the DRLs. See mm s silly to me that they don't work together.
Just switch to sidelights.

One has too much free time on ones hands if one is even thinking about DRLs.