Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front (Driver) Door Lock

Scapa

Scapa

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I bet you can't tell we (scapa and Looby) have only had the Cali for just over a week with all our posts asking for help and advice so far :laugh2

So my query this time is to do with the front Drivers Door. On 3 occasions now (once during test drive in a demo and twice now in our own. Cali) pulled up in parking spot, I've stopped put DSG in park and turned off engine, but when I go to get out door, I pull on door handle not once but several times and the lock latch doesn't release. Scratch my head for a second try again and then bingo the door opens. I've tried to think what the common sequence is when it's happened all 3 times, but nothing especially comes to mind. The only thing which has been the case all 3 times is when I stopped the passenger opened and got out first a few second before I try and get out. Doesn't make any sense though, is there something I'm not getting? It's not something I've had happen in any other car I've had and a bit disconcerting and probably a bit amusing watching me pulling the door handle trying to get out. :doh

Anyone had any experience of this? or a hint on what secret door opening technique (only known by the most experienced Cali owners) I need to adopt :lol:

Are you locking it with the switch by the window switch when you are driving ? If you lock the side door by pushing the button down on that door you have to puull on the handle twice to unlock it , it may be the same for drivers door ( I do not know for bsure as I never lock the drivers door while driving)

Andy no I don't lock the doors when driving (only at night before bed using the switch you mention) which is why I'm bemused.

Do the doors lock automatically once you reach a certain speed :?:

Calikev said:
Do the doors lock automatically once you reach a certain speed :?:

Calikev

I'm not sure if my Cali does or doesn't auto lock at certain speed, but even if it did (had this function on other cars) still should be able to unlock door on first or second pull of the handle once stopped. It's also the fact it's only happened intermittently hence me trying to think what may have happened differently on those occasions.

Probably just need to keep an eye out for it happening again and try and work out exactly the sequence that causes it. Cheers