Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front off aide roof gutter seal

M

Mac Of Phillack

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Afternoon all. I'm going to replace the seal and the pipe that takes the rainwater away down the A pillars. There are wires in the gutter that presumably control the roof opening and closing. What I need to know is where these wires have a junction so I can separate them, pass them through the centre of the rubber seal and then reconnect them. Anyone have any experience of this job?
Help would be really appreciated.

I can't offer any advice on this but when you do it, any chance you could take some photos? I'm interested to see what in these pillars, specifically, what might be causing an irritating rattle in the off-side pillar.

Cheers,

Andy

slowcoach65 said:
I can't offer any advice on this but when you do it, any chance you could take some photos? I'm interested to see what in these pillars, specifically, what might be causing an irritating rattle in the off-side pillar.

Cheers,

Andy

Off side rattles tend to be the awning not closed enough.

Andy said:
slowcoach65 said:

Cheers,

Andy

Off side rattles tend to be the awning not closed enough.

I agree and you're probably right, however, even after tightening the awning and putting felt pads in the obvious places it still rattles and it sounds as if its in the top of the pillar. It's beaten me for 18 months so I'm sure I'll never get to the root of the problem :shocked

Andy

Re: Front off side roof gutter seal

Hi. Your rattle could be the blind frame not being fully tightened. There are two bolts which are not easy to get to, but they need to be tight to stop the frame moving and possibly rattling.
Mac

Mac Of Phillack said:
Hi. Your rattle could be the blind frame not being fully tightened. There are two bolts which are not easy to get to, but they need to be tight to stop the frame moving and possibly rattling.
Mac

Hi Mac,

Are you able to describe where these bolts are?

Andy

Hi. If you remove the trim that the blinds emerge from so to speak, you're left with the blind attached to the aluminium frame. Underneath the frame, you will see the heads of the two bolts but they are not easy to get an open ended spanner onto and the amount of tightening possible with each movement is not great. But patience has its own reward and you will tighten each bolt eventually.