Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front screen external cover

B

BeeBee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Thinking of purchasing Front screen cover instead of using magnetic side blinds and pull across front blinds… what are the negative points ?

They get wet, that means storing it in van wet having to dry it out at some point too. Plus tend to take up more space.
I do have a external brandrup (just front screen) use on campsites, but mainly use the internal ones.
Brandrup screen is falling apart after 2yrs not the best quality but folds up nice and I like the side windows part open for ventilation so other types restrict that. Use the internal magnetic side curtains with brandrup external.
Everyone has a different view on this so probably best to see what works for you.

Advantage is that you can have the door windows slightly open for ventilation. Works best with wind deflectors.
I mainly use a summer outer door/screen cover. Fits in chair in rear tailgate for storage.

I might be getting rid of one if you’re interested.
I haven’t used it the last few years. My recent trip to the alps, I didn’t use it one night…
I prefer the internal blinds.

I see most purchasers of the Comfortz screen cover go for Silver option, is this for the reflective properties in warm weather. Any negatives ?

Advantage is that you can have the door windows slightly open for ventilation. Works best with wind deflectors.
I mainly use a summer outer door/screen cover. Fits in chair in rear tailgate for storage.
You can get internal side window covers from Projekt Camper that allow vents.

We have Heko wind deflectors so can leave sides slightly open. I understand that the Comfortz screen still fits with these in situ

Oh dear, just been told by Shayne at forum shop that Comfortz screen cover won’t fit with our Heko wind deflectors in situ…. I was sure someone on the forum had those both !!!!
Anyone out there have both ?

Oh dear, just been told by Shayne at forum shop that Comfortz screen cover won’t fit with our Heko wind deflectors in situ…. I was sure someone on the forum had those both !!!!
Anyone out there have both ?
We’ve got the external windscreen/side window cover from Pucer Screens. They fit perfectly with our Heko wind deflectors in place. Very good in both cold and hot weather in my opinion.

I use this one with Heko deflectors. It’s a snug fit but works very well. Prefer it to the comfortz one (which I’ve had) and cheaper.