Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front windscreen replacement

Freeley

Freeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Just noticed a crack has appeared at the top near the rear view mirror :cry:

Does anybody know if the cali's windscreen differs from the standard transporter in terms of tinting etc?
Or anything else i need to know before i ring my insurance company tomorrow?
Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I am sure I read on line some have radio ariel within the the screen (other in the mirrors) may be wrong but may worth checking out with VW

If you wish to upgrade to auto wipers & headlights now id the time to do it as screen has to have sensor in it.

HY09UMU said:
I am sure I read on line some have radio ariel within the the screen (other in the mirrors) may be wrong but may worth checking out with VW

So far as I'm aware all pre facelift windscreens like mine have the aerial in the windscreen.
Will check though cheers. Will also request a genuine Vw screen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Aeriel in the screen on a pre-facelift vehicle. AFAIK the screens are the same. Just need to let them know if you have auto lights and wipers etc...

cheers

A crack has just appeared in the windscreen of our 2008 California, about 8cm long, from the right hand pillar. As far as I know there wasn't any impact; in fact I think it happened while the car was parked, as it was very noticeable when we drove off again. Mysterious.
The question is, do I need to do anything about it for the moment?
I don't know whether there is an aerial in the screen (there isn't an external aerial), but I don't think the wipers or lights are automatic - at least they don't come on unless I tell them to.
Any advice appreciated.

See above posts, aerial on windscreen, tinted, wipers not automatic. Had mine replaced in France april this year.

John

Had mine replaced and the fitter said it was a Audi screen. You can see the aerial it is a line down the middle of screen.

Oh right - I always wondered what that line was. And I wondered why there wasn't an aerial. I thought it must be in the door pillar or something. Good to know.

Back