Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Frozen Water

Gavrobb

Gavrobb

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Screwed up - down to 10below here last night (never gets this cold!) and I never fully drained the water through the tap only dumped the tank. Currently waiting for it to thaw out but the tap nozzle has already pushed off and there is no sign of the pump switching on (no noise) with the tap.

Has anybody else done this and what was the damage?

Screwed up - down to 10below here last night (never gets this cold!) and I never fully drained the water through the tap only dumped the tank. Currently waiting for it to thaw out but the tap nozzle has already pushed off and there is no sign of the pump switching on (no noise) with the tap.

Has anybody else done this and what was the damage?

No but first off I would stick the heater on and get it warmed up before trying the pump again. In other words avoid doing anything to make matters worse. Hopefully once things have thawed they will go back together.

Mike

Thanks Mike - heater going already, slowly thawing..

I speak from experience. When I had a recent blowout and was fighting to get the knackered wheel back under the Cali I was in such a hurry to get things straight again I scratched the surface of the alloy on the gravel. Plonker! Got it fixed for £100 so I didn’t get a daily reminder.

Good luck.

Mike