Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuel tank capacity T5

Philip

Philip

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Almost forgot this but this summer this happened to me pretty unexpectedly:

IMG_1494.JPG

The morning after I asked the reception of the camping to send me to the nearest gas station, it was about 7 km away. Started to get cold sweat but didn't say a word to my co-travellers. Luckily we made it to the gas station and my son was mad at me when I told him I left the camping with this on the dashboard.

Now to my greater surprise I filled the tank with 86 litres and it seems it wasn't even empty...

If i recall i once filled up 82 liter in my 2012 SE .
Seems indeed the tank is bigger than the book says....or the fillerneck running down the tank is big enough to take a few liter:D

forgot this but this summer this happened to me pretty u
Yes happened to me after camping for weekend I think the small amount of fuel in tank had gone to one end of tank and didn't register with fuel gauge .

Hi Guys,
IIRC the book says 85 liters. However I think that is nominal and the tank actually takes a little more.
I find mine takes a looong time to reach 1/2, and when you look again, it's showing empty. A few weeks ago I put in 84.5l
Regards
Chris
Cape Town

We had an unpleasantly touch-&-go situation driving back from Amsterdam to Dunkirk a couple of years ago - running out of petrol & late for the ferry! Managed to get on & off the ferry & to the first available petrol station in Dover with the petrol gauge thing reading 0, without actually running out. Wouldn't like to test this too thoroughly though :-0

We had an unpleasantly touch-&-go situation driving back from Amsterdam to Dunkirk a couple of years ago - running out of petrol & late for the ferry! Managed to get on & off the ferry & to the first available petrol station in Dover with the petrol gauge thing reading 0, without actually running out. Wouldn't like to test this too thoroughly though :-0
Good to experiment running to empty with petrol. Don't anyone try with diesel please. Will become a nightmare .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back