Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Full Video review of the Atera Strada Bike Rack

Thanks for posting the review :) I've see one of these at one of the Cali meets and it looked fantastic.

A very good review. We have the same carrier but only used on the car so far.
It's worth mentioning about adding extra security, if you are likely to leave them on the van whilst at the services or pub, chain or d locks.

Thanks for that Review really helpful and answered all my questions on the right bike rack for Us

Hi @JTMonza really useful video thanks! Just received my rack identical to yours and the 4th rail adapter comes with straps which are intended to fix to the top do the tailgate presumably to take some load off.

Did yours also have these? Just wondered if anyone uses these? I plan on fitting 2 adult bikes and 2 kids bikes to probably not testing the max load limit if the rack.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I have just published a full video review of the Atera Strada Bike rack on my YouTube Channel -
If you are interested in watching, please click here Atera Strada Bike Rack Full Review

I went to Switzerland in my Beach in 2012 and the Volkswagen bike rack was a total PITA.
Bought the Atera once I got home. Still use it today on my Ocean.
It’s brilliant, total game changer...

Hi @JTMonza really useful video thanks! Just received my rack identical to yours and the 4th rail adapter comes with straps which are intended to fix to the top do the tailgate presumably to take some load off.

Did yours also have these? Just wondered if anyone uses these? I plan on fitting 2 adult bikes and 2 kids bikes to probably not testing the max load limit if the rack.

Cheers!

Neilos, are you able to post a pic or a model/item number for the strap you mention please? Been looking for one but not been able to find anywhere in altera spare parts catalog.

I've just checked on roofbox website about these straps, I bought secondhand so didn't get any, they aren't strictly needed. I've had 4 bikes and not felt it needed anything extra.

Neilos, are you able to post a pic or a model/item number for the strap you mention please? Been looking for one but not been able to find anywhere in altera spare parts catalog.

Here you go, on the top LHS of the bottom pane
da078c04b2de81395da541864fc2ec90.jpg

Do you use the straps attached to a bike or the carrier?
Is the part ending 267 stickers to prevent your paint work getting damaged?

Here you go, on the top LHS of the bottom pane
da078c04b2de81395da541864fc2ec90.jpg

Thank you. Exactly the information I was looking for. With 2 electric bikes, I think my Thule will be near the max load limit and having the additional straps just gives you the peace of mind.

>>> either is fine. The carrier is preferred/recommended.
>>> correct.

Hi Neilos,
We haven’t used the long nylon straps as the manual suggests they are not strictly required. We have found the rack to be very secure, loading and fastening the straps/brackets securely ensures the bikes are stable.
JT

I went to Switzerland in my Beach in 2012 and the Volkswagen bike rack was a total PITA.
Bought the Atera once I got home. Still use it today on my Ocean.
It’s brilliant, total game changer...
Sounds like you had a similar experience to us with the VW rack. We have not looked back since switching to the Atera.

Hi all, has anyone had trouble pressing the green release button down to get the rack to slide out? Mine is solid. Will not move with finger alone and don’t want to break it. Thanks.

Hi all, has anyone had trouble pressing the green release button down to get the rack to slide out? Mine is solid. Will not move with finger alone and don’t want to break it. Thanks.

Our old one used to get stuck now & again. The rack is probably just caught on dirt on the sliding runners, so not in the correct position for the button to operate; Try some silicone spray on the button & the runners underneath. Put some bikes on it and shake the rack back and forth (no need to be gentle.)

Our old one used to get stuck now & again. The rack is probably just caught on dirt on the sliding runners, so not in the correct position for the button to operate; Try some silicone spray on the button & the runners underneath. Put some bikes on it and shake the rack back and forth (no need to be gentle.)

Thanks. Gave it a bit more welly and it released.

Back