Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

fuse layout

When you say Internal, do you mean the lights in the accommodation area, behind the drivers seat?
yes the bulb in the bunk went. I replaced it and now none of the internal lights work except the front ones above the front seats Thanks for quick reply Phil

yes the bulb in the bunk went. I replaced it and now none of the internal lights work except the front ones above the front seats Thanks for quick reply Phil
It should be a 10amp fuse under the front passenger seat.
Turn the seat through 90o and slide towards kitchen unit.
The actual fuse position , under the seat, can vary. Check all 10amp fuses, ideally with a multimeter or replace with a working fuse.

It should be a 10amp fuse under the front passenger seat.
Turn the seat through 90o and slide towards kitchen unit.
The actual fuse position , under the seat, can vary. Check all 10amp fuses, ideally with a multimeter or replace with a working fuse.
Done. Bunk light still not working but now all the others work. I'm fine with that. My wife crashed the internal roof onto the light stalk on our recent trip to Northumberland. Wonderful. Thanks again for your help and very quick response. Off to the Gower on Friday for 7 nights All the best Phil

Fuse layout for T6.1 (Ocean). Is there one to download?

I did. There is a T6 version but not a 6.1.
Not clear if they will be the same layout
Can anyone help me see a full set of locations and then fuse layout in a 2020 t6.1 ocean. Thanks

I just knocked up the Attached.
You are a star many thanks I have a sat nav parking mode lead to install via piggyback connectors, so just need to figure out which of the ones under the headlights switch rhs near driver’s door are always live and live only when ignition is turned on

You are a star many thanks I have a sat nav parking mode lead to install via piggyback connectors, so just need to figure out which of the ones under the headlights switch rhs near driver’s door are always live and live only when ignition is turned on
I think its the centre section of fuses.

I think its the centre section of fuses.
I took a picture of the fuse position under driving lights switch. you say centre section can you confirm using my picture please other picture is showing the open door to these fuses

Attachments

• 5D739058-D4F0-4245-8318-19C4B1D8361F.jpeg
    5D739058-D4F0-4245-8318-19C4B1D8361F.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 58
  • BB8C3303-9495-4681-B59A-7E0B8416C144.jpeg
    BB8C3303-9495-4681-B59A-7E0B8416C144.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 54
I took a picture of the fuse position under driving lights switch. you say centre section can you confirm using my picture please other picture is showing the open door to these fuses
Not sure if this helps. I have a couple of accessories wired into this fuse board. They are connected to ‘switched’ circuits so only live when ignition is on. Hopefully you can see the piggyback fuse holders.

Not sure if this helps. I have a couple of accessories wired into this fuse board. They are connected to ‘switched’ circuits so only live when ignition is on. Hopefully you can see the piggyback fuse holders.
BTW I have a circuit tester which is perfect for checking on fuses i.e. ignition switched or always on. Worth having in your tool kit maybe.

Attachments

• 9F6995DA-C513-490F-93EE-296C30C9D9CA.jpeg
    9F6995DA-C513-490F-93EE-296C30C9D9CA.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 55
  • C5D50E4B-D6F6-4DAD-8EFE-060ADB27355E.png
    C5D50E4B-D6F6-4DAD-8EFE-060ADB27355E.png
    272.3 KB · Views: 55
We have now added a California fuse layout to the download section detailing the fuses under the passenger seat of a facelift Cali. I hope it is of some use.
Please bear in mind the fuse layouts do vary according to what extras you have fitted
And this diagram is for my van

Enjoy
Hello, can anyone let me know where the Download section is on the site?
Aux heater gone Cali 2012 epic trying to locate the fuse.
Seems all the ones on here are different!
Thanks in advance, Andy

T6.1 fuse layout.

Am I missing something here. I wanted to find the fuse for the sink, so I can drain the system down.

Lots of diagrams on the resources for older models but can't find one for a t6.1. Did find a list but it's a list with no picture. (There is a list on this thread but no mention of sink pump.) It said no.20 for the pump but can't find a fuse 20 under the seat. Can't believe it's not in the supplemental handbook. The older resourced are great, pictures of the fuse boards and labels of function.

If I am being daft, could somebody point me in right direction.

Thanks guys.

Phil

Last edited:
T6.1 fuse layout.

Am I missing something here. I wanted to find the fuse for the sink, so I can drain the system down.

Lots of diagrams on the resources for older models but can't find one for a t6.1. Did find a list but it's a list with no picture. (There is a list on this thread but no mention of sink pump.) It said no 20 for the pump but find a fuse 20 under the seat. Can't believe it's not in the supplemental handbook. The older resourced are great, pictures of the fuse boards and labels of function.

If I am being daft, could somebody point me in right direction.

Thanks guys.

Phil
An alternative to removing the fuse is to disconnect the tap electrics.

R hand kitchen cupboard. Remove cutlery draw ( makes it easier ). Locate the tap wiring by the underside of the tap. Follow it around to R hand side of the sink. There is a connector block covered in foam. Peel back the foam and disconnect the connector. You can now open the tap and allow any water in the feed pipe drain back into the tank.
If you have the rear shower, I’m not sure how you can drain that.

The other method would be to undo the pump wiring connector on top of the water tank alongside the rear gas locker then open the tap and shower.connection.

These instructions work for the T5/5.1/6 and I believe the T6.1

Last edited:
and I believe the T6.1
Since the T6.1 will use J608 to chop the power to the pump if dry running is detected you could just open the tap.

If you want to use the control panel you might need to disconnect the switch.