Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gap between Windscreen and Dash that swallows cards and money.

T5 got it ...was @GrannyJen not one of those who lost some things in there...
Guess the 6-er got it also

I like the idea - will post eBay link when I find same for less than £7 postage.

T5 got it ...was @GrannyJen not one of those who lost some things in there...
Guess the 6-er got it also

My credit card was the first casualty ... a swipe card for a Caravan club site barrier was the last .... in-between parking tickets, mail, three piece suites ..... everything is down there! :shocked

I used a piece of 10mm dia plastic tube I had lying around in the garage.
It works fine & looks OK.
Even if I had had to buy it, it would have been cheaper than what is proposed, I think.

I have a piece of of "D" shaped rubber moulding that fits and looks OEM, supplied by someone on that forum but have lost the link. What I've posted was just some information on what size is required to do the job. If anyone has or finds an equivalent then I hope they'll let the Forum know.:thumb

Seeing I'm sat in mine contemplating another glass of wine thought I should check.
Yep there's a gap all except a small section with a piece of foam in. I shall probably remove it.
Any other T6 with the same?

53ba25df1e95eb3bc0101ea6f0fd9f15.jpg

Mike

This gap in my T5 also has a voracious appetite and in the past few months has devoured a bank card, a supermarket loyalty card and a parking permit. Thanks for the links to potential solutions as I should be more careful but clearly am not!

Seeing I'm sat in mine contemplating another glass of wine thought I should check.
Yep there's a gap all except a small section with a piece of foam in. I shall probably remove it.
Any other T6 with the same?

53ba25df1e95eb3bc0101ea6f0fd9f15.jpg

Mike
My T6 has the gap but not the foam. No idea what it could be for. Perhaps I should buy one, or several to fill the gap. Only near misses with parking tickets so far but it will happen.

The gap is there on mine, I used climbing rope black and white, link
Cost about £3.70 it does the job fine and matches the candy white experior and black dash

Have one of these too, link, its wedged into the a pillar rather than using the sticky.

..me..

Drat, Double-posting!
I was going to say "double-check before you rip the foam off" as I have a sneaky suspicion it actually has something important like the VIN number attached to it...

I've not managed to lose anything down the dash yet, but I do enjoy dropping fuses into the void below the fusebox into the passenger footwell.

Last edited:
I wedge parking tickets in the windscreen blind slot. Not lost anything down the gap yet.

Thanks for the replies re the piece of foam. Had a better look this morning and the purpose of it does seem as suggested to tuck tickets into etc.
I've ordered the strip that goes in the gap and shall probably fit that in its place.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Going slightly off-topic here but this does bear some relevance -> Unbelievable! The day after I posted to this thread I returned to my van which was parked up in a local carpark for a couple of days. There, I found not one, but two, parking tickets issued on two consecutive days by the same 'enforcement officer' for failing to display a valid pay and display ticket. Now having already lost all and sundry down the windscreen gap before, I strategically positioned the ticket using the clip on top of the dash tray and therefore made it, in my opinion, clearly visible!?! I have appealed...

IMG_7415.JPG

Why put stuff there ? Bloody great opening lid thingy open it throw stuff in there
What a profound statement. Now why didn't I think of that?

Aah, I know why. That "Bloody great opening lid thingy" is SWMBO's domain. Not allowed to touch it .:(

I have this gap in my T6 and am thinking of blocking it. Why is the gap there though - does it serve any function, for example demisting the screen? Thanks for any replies in advance.

I have this gap in my T6 and am thinking of blocking it. Why is the gap there though - does it serve any function, for example demisting the screen? Thanks for any replies in advance.
Does nothing.:thumb

Back