Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gap insurance - vehicle purchased more than six months ago

H

haydnw2

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I've been a bit busy, and didn't manage to get gap insurance sorted in the first 180 days of owning our 2015 T5.1.Does anyone know of any companies who will even entertain the idea of giving me a quote now? Google is failing me, and all of the threads on this forum relate to people who are more organised, i.e. just purchased their Cali. Thanks!

@haydnw2 Have you tried googling "back to invoice" gap insurance second-hand car. can not vouch for bellow but recall someone saying back to invoice rather than GAP insurance.

"
Is my car eligible for Admiral GAP cover?
Admiral GAP Insurance covers a wide-range of new and used cars up to five-years-old and less than 50,000 miles on the clock, whether it was bought outright, through a finance option or a personal lease agreement."

Yep - no luck with Admiral, Direct Gap or Total Loss Gap (and their many sister companies). This is despite some of their web pages suggesting otherwise; a phonecall always ends in "has to be within 180 days I'm afraid". It seems to be the very first question they ask.