Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Bottle Cover

Would love to see a pict of the NZ cover ;-)

Cannot see the photo in your post but can see it when I clicked on reply. Strange.

Took a screenshot on my iPad

View attachment 27961

I have been trying to get this cover for quite a while now. Seems it is out of production from CG. Maybe it is a good idea for the club shop? Otherwise I must get out the sewing machine again ;-)

I have been trying to get this cover for quite a while now. Seems it is out of production from CG. Maybe it is a good idea for the club shop? Otherwise I must get out the sewing machine again ;-)

Why do you want one of those covers , the botle sits in the sealed compartment . Or is it for protecting a spareone you have in the booth?

Why do you want one of those covers , the botle sits in the sealed compartment . Or is it for protecting a spareone you have in the booth?
Both. When you get a refill they are often very rusty and old. And it would also be nice on the spare.

Both and it stops ALL possible rattles/squeaks.

I was looking for one too and asked the question of bags4everything - they were at the NEC show. They don't have one as standard but are happy to make them. They just asked for the dimensions. It'll probably be the weekend before I manage to get those but I'll keep you posted on price etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got mine from a website and have dropped them an email asking if they are likely to stock them again. Don’t hold your breath but I’ll let you know the outcome.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So you haven't a black screw on lid as in @Calikev photo?
What about the door wedge shaped thingy to stop the gas bottle rattling around?
My cover that was supplied was of plastic & wood. No wedge to stop bottle movng around. Used rubber door wedge, Awning was not with camper and also no spare tyre, Probably ripped off when shipping. Their need greater than the buyers. Sales people did not know much about them at all. One of first they had. Now selling because of ill health. 3 years young with 12000 km & never used bed or appliances.

I found a old Vw hub cap fits perfectly just need to flatten the top a little,does not screw in but better than nothing

E7919B26-616B-44B0-B9E9-80AF68A59E4C.jpeg

Hi Doug, I would willingly post you a photo as you request but my Cali came with no plastic bottle cover. It seems you are in luxury! ;)
Coincidentally I am going away this weekend and have just been putting some foam packing around the gas bottle to stop the darn thing rattling every time I drive over anything more than just a white line;);).
Good result - all is quiet:happy:happy
I was surprised to open the gas bottle storage on my (new to me) 2005 and find a tethered black foam wedge used to stop the bottle rttling. I was impressed.

The purpose of the screw cap is to contain leaks inside the tank compartment which then drop outside through the vent in the bottom. Also the gas tap onto the campingaz cylinder contains a pressure relief valve that’s designed to quickly vent gas at high pressure. For the sake of the cost of the part I wouldn’t risk it and I’d buy a new one.

When we lived in OZ we had all our hubcaps nicked in one go off our combi. Can’t really put it down to the trend of making a cover for a California gas bottle as it was in the 1970s.VW chrome hubcaps probably worth their weight in gold now..

Back