Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

gas bottle in sweden

E

eejoor

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
question for swedish/ norwegian cali owners: As the camping gaz 907 bottle is not available in sweden, what type of bottle do you use? does it needs changes to the gas system or just a different gas regulator? good to know if i run out of gas in sweden again (did that 10 years ago, had to buy a gas bottle and regulator as i couldn't swap my own gas bottle)

(Yes, i know the 907 bottle will last a long time, and i can take a spare one)

We have had our California for almost 7 years here in the UK. I’ve never bought one here as the prices are twice what they are in Spain which we visited (up to Covid) every year. If you intend to visit France or Spain at all you can buy a spare at any supermarket but I’m sure there is something of the equivalent to the 907 that will fit while in Sweden.

question for swedish/ norwegian cali owners: As the camping gaz 907 bottle is not available in sweden, what type of bottle do you use? does it needs changes to the gas system or just a different gas regulator? good to know if i run out of gas in sweden again (did that 10 years ago, had to buy a gas bottle and regulator as i couldn't swap my own gas bottle)

If I remember correctly all the gas in Norway/Sweden is propane and they don’t have an equivalent size to the 907. No problem running Propane on the California system as long as you have the correct regulator.
I gather the Importer to those countries fit a new regulator and change the lid of the gas locker to accommodate a taller cylinder.

I’m in the same situation, been postponing it but I think a refill service station such as www.gasolautomat.se could top up the existing bottle?
I’ve emailed my local dealer for advice, but as expected no reply..

Scandinavia has propane and one can get refillable 907-sized propane bottles, like indicated above. Or search on this forum, we have written about it moreoften. We have a propane regulator (that will also handle butane, the other way around: NOT!), and with that the system works fine.
We have two of those refillable propane bottles for winter camping (where butane is useless) and for visiting Scandinavia. We have had those refilled at gas filling stations in Norway occasionally, no issue. The various country adapters for filling can be had at the same outfitters that sell these refillable bottles, bit we didn’t need them yet: the refilling stations had all kind of adapters available. We aren‘t the only campervan drivers there…

On a different note: Campinggaz bottles that can hold propane DO exist! Especially in the Alps, where it can be cold and where Campingaz IS marketed, one can find such bottles. We once exchanged one of our bottles when it was empty there for such a variant. Look at the bottom rim. When they can hold both, they will say: but. 3.00 kg, prop. 2,50 kg. Butane-only bottles don’t mention the propane. We kept that bottle, and have had it refilled at a local gas station with propane several winters now!
D4DB899C-2907-4CF3-8205-6208EE30F154.jpegD4DB899C-2907-4CF3-8205-6208EE30F154.jpeg

Last edited:
I've done three 3 week trips to Norway/Sweden in my California, each time with just a 907 ( new) and a 904 as spare, used at least 3 to 4 times a day for meals and drinks. Never had to resort to using the spare ever.

Not about changing the bottle type but still a comment: it's actually quite similar situation here in Finland: these 907's are not "officially" sold anywhere but luckily there's a few shops that have an exchange program (they are getting the bottles refilled somewhere), two places close to capital / Helsinki area and one in Turku (ferry connection to Sweden ;) .

As I didn't get a correct bottle with either of my Californias the best solution was to order empty bottle(s) from Germany and then change those to filled ones. Not sure if same would work in Sweden as well (especially since you too must have some shops serving leisure boating; if I've understood correctly these bottles are used on some boats as well).

Then depending on which part/side of Sweden you live in would a quick visit to Estonia be an alternative? Already there the offering is much better.

I’m in the same situation, been postponing it but I think a refill service station such as www.gasolautomat.se could top up the existing bottle?
I’ve emailed my local dealer for advice, but as expected no reply..
Any idea what's this Primagaz G3 that looks exactly as Campingaz 907?

Or how about this one, eller hur går det med den här?

The G3 does look similar but I say best to send an email and ask.

TBH I’ve never checked which bottle I have, I’ve only owned my cali for 6 months. It was sold new in Sweden to the first owner so there’s a chance that my bottle could actually be a G3 if they are indeed interchangeable.

I’am from Sweden and has ordered a California Beach T6.1 that should use 904 bottle.

The only propane bottle I have found that maybe can fit is bottle 2012
https://www.primagaz.se/sv-se/2012
Any one that know if this bottle will fit in a Cali beach?

Don't know with the beach, but I have a primagaz 2012 in my ocean T6. It's a very tight fit, but it fits. Just replaced the regulator and everything is working fine

VW in Gothenburg Sweden take their rental Calis to Gamo Gasol around the corner for gas bottle swaps. I called them and they confirmed G3 bottles are the ones they use.