Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Hose Replacement - Herts/Beds/Bucks

B

bobcat

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Can anybody recommend a gas fitter anywhere near Hertfordshire? I have the hose but cannot find anybody to fit it this side of August!
Cheers, Bobcat

Have you tried Venture Caravans in Hitchin?
Is the old hose split or is just being replaced due to age?

If we are talking about the rubber one from the regulator it's the sort of thing I would do myself on my own van. A ten minute job with a spanner & a bit of soapy water to check for leaks after.

I have the hose but cannot find anybody to fit it this side of August!

If it is just a precautionary change, just leave it till August, where the hose is on a Cali its well protected & they don't get the same ageing that you would get on on say an external BBQ hose so a couple of months isn't going to make much difference.

If its an emergency replacement & you are stuck send me a PM if you want to pop round I'll show you how to do it yourself.

You could try Moor lake campers in Tolpits lane

I have done it DIY, bit fiddly, but I've posted pics of doing it. Will dig them out for you...

I have done it DIY, bit fiddly, but I've posted pics of doing it. Will dig them out for you...

Thanks to all for the replies, and apologies for not responding sooner. Been burning the candle at both ends at work. I was going to put in a joke about using the candle to test for leaks, but this being the internet somebody might take me seriously!
Moorlake don't have a workshop, but I found a gas fitter 4 doors up. While this is not his usual type of job he definitely meets the requirement for a "competent person".

Bobcat

Moorlake don't have a workshop
That’s shocking, they can take 60k for a van but they can’t carry out any work on them, not even basic camping equipment maintenance.

make you wonder what they do to prepare vehicles for sale, particularly second hand ones !

thanks for reporting back, glad you got it sorted :cheers