Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas leak

Yep, in line with pipe = open.
As a test to see if the leaky washer is related to poor flame, you could try a temporary seal using PTF tape to pack out the washer seal, but only as a test.
As others have said, the regulator could be worth changing.
You are happy that the cylinder has plenty of gas in it? The flame does weaken as the cylinder gets low.
I got the bottle out and gave it a shake, despite hearing liquid I suspected possibly empty(ing) so have just swapped it and it’s working - thanks everyone. Worth keeping an eye on that set up in the back though as I can see that wiggling itself loose. Also to look out for escapee washers at the bottom. Here comes a nice cup of tea…

Well…. It’s still leaking - what would you knowledgeable lot recommend -

1) new regulator
2) new entire set-up with pipes (van is a 2016)
3) alternative set up as per earlier in this feed (I had this in my t25 and never an issue)
4) something else!!

National Caravan Council registered workshop engineers I’ve spoken to recommend changing all flexible gas pipes every 3/4/5 years, depending on who you speak to. So it’s probably a good idea to change the original gas pipe if that hasn’t been done since 2016.

I have changed my regulator to one of the alternatives in the above links. I like having the ability to use the screw in gas canisters as a reserve supply and the simplicity of the regulators that can be found in any camping store.

So as an update to my previous leak issue. I got a new regulator (about 50 quid)x fitted it - leak! S I have tightened it (gently) with an adjustable wrench. No leak. I know they say only tighten by hand - but maybe it depends how strong you are. I’ve seen some (ridiculously expensive for what they are) plastic tighteners so maybe they’re worth the investment. For now though the adjustable wrench travels with us (but after 6 ish weeks so far so good)

Michael,

Don't know how old your van is, but after ten years the regulator should be changed for a new one.
BTW even a brand new regulator can leak, as I experienced this spring after changing the thing.

Other places to look for a leak:
is the regulator tight enough connected to the bottle itself (test it by closing the black knob);
test the underside of the regulator with soap;
does the little yellow knob leak;
is the hose punched anywhere;
try soap at the other end of the hose (in the plastic wall);
go to a dealer or camping shop and try/buy another regulator.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.
Thanks for the above advice Marc. I found the yellow knob leaking. New regulator on order.