Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas pressure query

P

Paul Merone 62

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi. In my Cali, if I have two gas burners on, the pressure (and flame size) is significantly reduced on both. Is this normal? Also I think that the pressure and flame size are lower now that the bottle is half full than when it was full. Is this normal? Thanks for your help.

Hi. In my Cali, if I have two gas burners on, the pressure (and flame size) is significantly reduced on both. Is this normal? Also I think that the pressure and flame size are lower now that the bottle is half full than when it was full. Is this normal? Thanks for your help.
No, not normal unless your gas bottle is very cold. This suggests a blockage and the most likely place is inside your regulator.

Check the cheap and obvious things first. Gas tap fully on? Shutoff valve under the hob fully open?

I had a faulty Campingaz 907 bottle recently. Gas flow was so poor I couldn’t quite light the hob, and this was a 100% full bottle. I got it swapped for free and everything worked perfectly afterwards.

I had a faulty Campingaz 907 bottle recently. Gas flow was so poor I couldn’t quite light the hob, and this was a 100% full bottle. I got it swapped for free and everything worked perfectly afterwards.
Thank you. I will try another bottle.

Back