Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Safety Check??

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My brother in law had his California booked in for a gas safety check this week.
When the engineer came he said he couldnt do it as there was no point to connect the testing kit.
He also advised that if the gas regulator as supplied by VW went wrong the only place one could be sought was from the manufacturer in Germany.
Anyone got any knowledge of this please?

My brother in law had his California booked in for a gas safety check this week.
When the engineer came he said he couldnt do it as there was no point to connect the testing kit.
He also advised that if the gas regulator as supplied by VW went wrong the only place one could be sought was from the manufacturer in Germany.
Anyone got any knowledge of this please?

I don't think this guy is right - as my van was retested by the previous owner and carries the official inspection sticker on the tailgate.

With regards the regulator, my Cali arrived without this and SMG ordered one for me and 2 days later I collected it (last Saturday) - from recollection it cost around £15!

Thanks. I have emailed VW and asked them where gas safey checks can be carried out.
My local VW Commercial centre have advised they cannot do it and referred me to a Gas Safe engineer which is the type of guy my brother in law contacted.

You could try a caravan service centre.